Pentlands (actually bring a) Retro Ride - Saturday 14th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

I quite fancy this but as usual I'm working with a 4pm start. What's a rough timescale on this bearing in mind the normal slow pace of MacRetro? I could maybe get a late start at 6pm but allowing an hours drive back to Govan would mean I'd need to be back at the car and on my way for 5pm.

Re:

Even at our pace I reckon you'd be ok. Think Velo is planning a double loop getting back in between to the start point. Would give you the option of bailing if time gets the better of us.

I originally thought a double loop but my description of my plan at the end of page one is not a double loop. Its three stages though at the end of any stage you can make your way back to the start by roads which would be quicker. I cannot guarantee a finish time that fits in with any deadline. The speed of MacRetro is very imprecise as we all know !

Re:

I won't make this. My ribs are still giving me gip and even potholes on a road ride cause a shooting pain . Doc says it can be many months until it's sorted due to ribs having poor blood supply. Probably sound like a greetin faced pussy compared to what Rob has gone through but if I broke them again my wife and employer would be livid.

Re:

Hokay dokes folks its less than a fortnight untill we show the modern world that the long distant past can still cut it on one of the cradles on Scottish mountain biking.

After much fighting with my sheds I have extracted one proper retro steed, Rudge Bi-Frame folding mtb gifted to me by Epicyclo but upgraded a wee bit with Marzocchi forks. Its fighting fit which is more than can be said of me, but unfortunately means I need to test run the route soon....ish :facepalm:

So on the day whose coming along and if you know, what steed are you dragging with you ?

Remember this is a bring something retro meet, so get those inadequately braked, poorly sprung machines just this side of mechanical failure dusted down, oiled, pumped up and generally fettled :cool:

Anyone wanting swaps or wanting to buy and sell from the back of your motors then we can do that as well at some point.

Best steed obviously gets praised during and after the ride and photgraphed to death so our southern brethren can see what they missed.

"Whas like us, gie few and they're aw deid...........jealous they're no here"

Re:

Still planning to be there for this one and planning take the Dave Yates, should be a good first proper outing for it.

I'd like to come along to this even though I won't be able to do the full ride. I might manage the first loop so I'll not commit yet but see how things are, but defo stating an interest. ;)
Would be on the DiamondBack or maybe the Heckler if I get it built!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back