MacRetro Ride in April - Loch Leven circuit provisionally Saturday 9th April, 10 for 1030am start.

Morning, well I’m not hung over today and I’m covid free 😁. See you there at 10ish 👍

The Aftermath...........errrr well there isn't one really.
All four of us were there on time, naebody lost. Keith, Jock, John and me.
Two auld retro bikes, a Kona with P2 forks and lots of nice bits and a...... well let's just say the later models from this mark are definitely BSO, one retro modded less auld retrobike, Marin full sus with upgraded forks and swing arm and that modern Cotic thingy Keith parades around on. All of us were over gunned for the terrain but it meant our bikes were comfy.
No mechanicals, no crashes and nothing even close to a crash not even from Jock.
Most important for this write up, no photies, sorry.
However it was great to be out on a sunny day in splendid weather if you discount the bracing wind that hit us like a wall on the second leg of the circuit. Out of the wind it was at times quite warm.
Cafe stop at RSPB centre was good, food tasty but butter portions miniscule for the doorstop of bread John had with his soup. View from cafe was great, nice part of the world.
When we finally completed our lap we had a splendid, well earned visit to the Loch Leven Brewery Pub. Thanks Keith for getting the beers in, Jock fair murdered his, my alcohol free Heineken also hit the spot.
Great wee day out in guid company.

Great wee write up Velo. I’m busy cleaning the dog sh*t off both my tires! Really enjoyed the ride and meeting you all. Looking forward to the next time.

After doing the write up I had what I thought was a wee hour long catnap. Six and a half hours later I regained consciousness 🙄 and further in my bamboozled state I invested in another bike frame off ebay😳
I think OCP's retro modded Marin was the inspiration so another U. R. T. joins my stable, a Gary Fisher Joshua Z2. Must stay away from eBay!!!!!!!!

😂 I had a wee nap myself when I got in. Only managed an hour though before the wife got annoyed with the snoring and woke me up!

Kinnoull you say, I better dust off the Zaskar and give it a polish/once over in preparation.

Back