PDM Concorde Team Issue

The parts are coming together for this now.

A pantographed stem and bars are sitting in the post office waiting for collection and a Centaur bottom bracket to allow either a modern chainset or C-Record/early Chorus is on its way from the big orange W.

I've bagged a set of 9 speed Record bar end shifters to convert to down tube and thats where I'm stuck...I could get a pair of brake levers and strip the silver Centaur compact group off my dormant Bianchi for a period looking, but very versatile bike or I could go full monty old school... or modern.

Re:

Nice frameset! Hope you go old, rather than modern.

So, ahem, what will become of the Bianchi?

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":39dh76xg said:
Nice frameset! Hope you go old, rather than modern.

So, ahem, what will become of the Bianchi?

Mike

As much as I would love to do old (properly), the hills round here aren't suited to aging bodies and standard chainsets. I suspect old in appearance is most likely once I have a think.

The Bianchi will either retire completely or get refinished. I had it resprayed about 10 years ago but the decal job was shocking. Unfortunately, they were clearcoated over, so I wouldn't be able to remove them without doing serious damage overall.

6077810822_6cc2085b3d_b.jpg

My OCD hasn't been able to cope with that!

However, a powdercoat and DIY decal job should sort it out for under a hundred quid.

Re:

What model are those Ergolevers?

I like the design. With neater cables than Shimano too. No idea how well they work comparably though!

Mike

If I'd had two old Concorde's, I'd go modern with one and old with the other. One for the aesthetics's and to the pub, and the other for the longer rides with the convenience of modern shifting and gear ratios.
But that's just me though...

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":21k91rs9 said:
What model are those Ergolevers?

I like the design. With neater cables than Shimano too. No idea how well they work comparably though!

Mike

I have just fitted 10 speed Mirage ergos to replace Shimano Claris STis. They do look nice, the action/feel I would say is akin to my Deore and Deore LX RF+ MTB shifters, the thumb down shifter is maybe going to take some getting used to but I like the idea of a brake lever that is just for braking!. The brake lever return spring is not as snappy as Shimano's. I like them.

Are there 2 letters stamped separately near the frame # the PDM team issue often had the initials of the rider along with the frame# if not it could be for either of 2 reasons & still be a team frame. 1. IIRC it didn't get done every season. 2. the spare bikes often didn' t get stamped .Also there is a possibility that it's CIOCC built as I know that one season I spannered for them the team frames came from CIOCCin which case it may/may not ave the letters

Little Al":1r1apf8u said:
Also there is a possibility that it's CIOCC built as I know that one season I spannered for them the team frames came from CIOCC in which case it may/may not ave the letters
Now that's really interesting.

Is that where the idea came from that all Concorde frames with the Italian flag on the top tube were made by CIOCC.

Back