Pace stuff

Ok,ive just offered it up against my Kona SS hack and its exactly the same size so im afraid im going to have to dissapoint prospective buyers and restore it in original colours,after the others that is.Any help wouldnt go amiss from you guys here please,i know its a wealth of knowledge on the forums :D

andy

Its all junk, I have a skip at my house - pop it round ;)

PS the front mech for the pace is a braze on version, :idea: quite tough to find.

(I miss my pace :( )

Hi Andy!

Indeed a very lucky chap..as RBG says, you'll need a braze on front mech for the RC100 frameset, I'm currently running a Mavic, but Suntour, Shimano and Campagnolo also did them, depending what spec you're going to build it up with.

The RC100 also came with Bullseye cranks, you'd have to get the BB with it too however, which are usually knocking around ebay.

The stem maybe a problem as it was a special Pace version which clamped into the forks, Gil M may be able to advise if not Justbackdated.

Don't worry too much about the Magura cable guide, zips are perfectly fine...

Let us know how the build goes, and pop you bike on my website...great story mate!!!

Rich

Andy, there are very few occasions I will say this about any bike but don't worry if it doesn't fit you. It's an awesome piece of British MTB history and IMO it should be restored to original condition and hung on the lounge wall.

Oh and don't worry, I'm sure MrsAndy will learn to appreciate it in time! :LOL:

Kev

PS - you'll be needing Bullseye cranks. There's a queue behind me ;)

MadCowKev":3u8fwklw said:
Oh and don't worry, I'm sure MrsAndy will learn to appreciate it in time! :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: , yeah - after 3 radly bags and a weeks full of QVC purchases maybe :LOL:

Thanks for all the info, as elliot said about E.T 'Im keeping him'

Going for the Suntour XC Pro build on this one,been chatting to retrobikeguy and think the Bullseye cranks/bb/and front mech are the problem areas,ive contact Gil_M about decals and im off to Argos Saturday morning to see if they can match the paint.

Im probably going to keep this in the house :twisted:

I would like to source the cable guides tho,may result in having some made.

I will post up progress pics aswell.

Im starting to feel very lucky indeed,i didnt know these were so sought after.

andy ;)

Back