Pace RC100 project

Re:

No.1.
I like a cheap project (frames bent right ;-))
That and Longun is probably hovering over you
He needs a rider

Re:

I'm sat here hoping that Duncan had the foresight back in 1990 to invent an unbending machine...

Kinda feasible - right?

:D

Re:

ringo":3808k5gp said:
No wrong answers here guys... keep those opinions coming!

Current thinking is veering towards 3... whilst getting as close to a great build on a sensible budget...

Another option 3 vote here….. if it rides alright perhaps consider a resto then?

:oops: …..Just as after a 5 year wait, RC286 finally comes together. :oops:

Must admit though, gave it a look over before I started assembly….

Following updates on how it works out. Hopefully it's salvageable.

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Re: Re:

ringo":1rqdusiy said:
I'm sat here hoping that Duncan had the foresight back in 1990 to invent an unbending machine...

Kinda feasible - right?

:D
Absolutely, right next to the anti-cracking machine.

Hoping it turns out well and me, I would have a go at a less precise build.

Re:

Urgh, hope it can be resolved mate, if Duncan can't sort it, give Danson a call, he successfully repaired a RC200 a few years back and does a bloomin gorgeous one piece stem steerer to boot,

Other than that, option 3 would be my choice

Slightly encouraging news today... The guy who built all those years ago has had a look at the "Banana". He is as befuddled as the rest of us as to how it bent. The good news is he's "going to see what he can do with it..."

In other news, Magura brakes have been stripped, bar a slightly sticky piston in one of the levers they are in good order. Even the plastic blades are in pretty good nick. Those and the clamps are heading off to be vapour bead blasted, prior to repainting.

I'll also drop in the bullseye cranks and rigid fork legs for the same treatment.

Also, I clenched tightly and sprung for that stem that appeared in the for sale section the other day... just have to flog something to pay for it!

I've reached the conclusion, it's never going to be concours - but i should still be able to make a very tidy job of it and get another one out there!

Anyone hiding any bars....? :)

Back