Overburys Pathfinder for sale - restoration project - SOLD

Ian1

Devout Dirtbag
After much umming and aahhing I have finally decided to sell my Overburys Pathfinder. This is similar to http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4231
but has a larger frame.
As you can see from the photos it is no longer the original colour, having been through various uses. I was originally the third owner, after my cousin and brother-in-law, in the early nineties and resprayed it in a horrible two tone dayglo colour scheme. My brother then had it for about five years after me and used it as a "stealth" bike - ie: paint it black and make it look rubbish and hopefully no one will steal it. This is when it aquired the dodgy pedals as well.
He emigrated three years ago and gave it back to me with the intention of me doing something good with it. However this has not happened and, although I have used it as it is for the occasional commute, I cannot see myself restoring or even improving it due to other projects.
I therefore am offering it as a restoration project rather than leaving it to fester in my cellar. It may look like a big job but it is nearly all original, albeit very worn. The (worn) rims and hubs, thumbshifters, brakes, chainset, derailleurs, etc. are all original. In fact I think the only bits that aren't are the handlebars (I bent the originals landing a jump) cables (although some of the inners may be) and pedals. However, I have the original quill pedals that came with it but one is missing an end cap. The saddle is also absent although I may be able to find that too.
This is still a very nice ride when set up properly but please be aware that if you are under six foot the frame will probably be too large for you - it's like a farm gate!
I am looking for offers around the £100 mark for what I consider to be a piece of history rather than just a piece of scrap, but if you think this is way off the mark please do let me know and possibly make what you consider to be a sensible offer. I can only say yes or know unless I think you're taking the mick, in which case I will take the moral high ground and ignore you!
This will need to be collected unless you live within a reasonable distance of me and we can arrange to meet up. Viewings are welcome - PM me to arrange.
This will also be on ebay but I am willing to pull it if I think a RetroBiker is going to actually use it rather than jump on the "retro" bandwagon and try to get something to immediately sell on to those who don't know any better.
That's all I can think of to say at this time so let me know if you have any questions / queries. Hopefully the pictures should tell all.
Cheers,
Ian

PS: More pictures are available. I just can't get them on here but can email them

UPDATE: I may consider a swap for an e-stay bike 'cos I like them. Let me know what you have.SOLD

Attachments

• DSC02307.jpg
    DSC02307.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 768
  • DSC02308.jpg
    DSC02308.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 768
  • DSC02309.jpg
    DSC02309.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 767
  • DSC02310.jpg
    DSC02310.jpg