1985(ish) Overbury's Pathfinder

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just finished sorting the 1985 ish Overbury's Pathfinder.

main.php

Purchased from Agency Scum earlier this year. A little bit of 'restoration' (a good clean, some cables, tyres and trueing the wheel in the vice) and it's up and running once again. Took the old girl round the block this evening. Despite the really dodgy wheel it actually feels pretty OK - quite like my first MTB, a '89 Raleigh Mirage. If I ever sort a decent set of tyres (rather than the perished cheng shin rubbish from the back of the shed) and a new wheel i'll be taking it for a ride :twisted:

Fully original spec including Suntour 6 speed thumbies and stags head deore mechs.

main.php

main.php

Some more pictures here, need to take some better ones at some point.

As you might know I own a 1989 Overbury's Pioneer. And I am still in love with it ...

Great Bike, John!

Greetings from Berlin,
Andreas

cchris2lou":1hx1mvmy said:
Must weight a ton . :LOL:

31 lbs. Pretty acceptable these days apparently. Some irony in the fact that this would've been considered way too heavy 12 years ago..

felixdelrio":1hx1mvmy said:
As you might know I own a 1989 Overbury's Pioneer. And I am still in love with it ...

Great Bike, John!

Cheers Andreas. Not quite as nice as yours but I'm pleased nonetheless.
If I had some cider in the house I'd have a pint of 'der to celibrate it's west country roots.

That's older than 1988. My money is on 1985 or 86.

Stag's head mechs are pre 1987.
1987 was the year of the U-brake and eggypace as was most of 1988.
That bar/stem combo is 87 or older. 88 saw everyone using T-bones or lookalikes.

I could of course be wrong!

Terry...

terryhfs":3uwkga2z said:
That's older than 1988. My money is on 1985 or 86.

Kind of makes sense I guess. The (I assume Specialized) Allez chainset would be pre 88.

AgencyScum, any input?

Anyhow the older the better :D

My ( now conservative ) under estimate was based on XT coming in in 1989 and the super-slack head angle sharpening up with the 1990 Pioneer model.

Back