ORANGE ALUMINIUM PROTOTYPE, ICEMANS O PROJECT..

Re:

Great read so far and good luck with the build. I'm also soon to start an aluminium o project so will be following this for updates

Re: ORANGE ALUMINIUM O'. 1st batch. THE PROTOTYPE PROJECT BEGINS

Makes me sad :cry: that I don’t have an orange fade O :facepalm:

clockwork davo":3l1atwh0 said:

Give it a week ;)

clockwork davo":23y1eflt said:

If I sell you this one, I wont have any orange bikes left! ;) :LOL:

Re: Re:

stocko":6s8t0hda said:
Great read so far and good luck with the build. I'm also soon to start an aluminium o project so will be following this for updates

Thanks
Looking forward to following your O :cool:

Cheshire1980":1nl88i30 said:
clockwork davo":1nl88i30 said:

If I sell you this one, I wont have any orange bikes left! ;) :LOL:

:LOL: :D :LOL: :D

Cheshire1980":28yi0ghf said:
Hotwheels.":28yi0ghf said:
It looks to me the only one with the same cable stops as the prototype is the 'ice man' frame as the rear one protrudes above the top tube and the front one is on the upper side of the top tube but doesn't protrude above it.

You pissed on my parade :facepalm:

However, after carefully looking at this, your right. I think the Icemans O pictured (Which I still have, but unfortunately has a small crack) was in fact a prototype, purely as the cable stops are as you described.. And the decals were unusual. unfortunately I haven’t seen any other Aluminium o with the same cable stops.. Just wish the icemans did not have a crack.. Not willing to renew a bike i cant ride. As for my current project frame, its still a first batch, I will just go for same decals and get it resprayed anyhow..and of course the one piece bar. :cool:
Sorry, I seem to have a terrible knack for noticing details. :roll:
Can you not repair the crack and do the prototype justice?
It just seems at odds that you’re doing a prototype/magazine build, you very luckily have the correct frame but are choosing to use a production frame. :|

No need to apologise, I think your right. I think I need to do a full resto on the Icemans O, because after all that is an actual prototype. And thats where i got the one piece stalk bar from. Will have to get it repaired, need a nice clean repair as well, if am going to the trouble of having a full respray, so could be costly. Shame its not a 19 inch frame, but there again cant be choosey, as its the only prototype frame I have currently seen around.

Back