ORANGE ALUMINIUM PROTOTYPE, ICEMANS O PROJECT..

Re:

Looking good Calum.

Good choice of components for that authentic build. Agree on the black XT headset on an orange/white build. I think the original DX headset was silver? - I may be wrong, perhaps it was available in either colour option?
The silver on my "O" is a stronglight X16 - specced this as I remember I was forever tightening the silver Generic headset on my original build BITD.
Mavic is a nice option too, but probably too far away from the original spec build you're aiming for.

Did you see my post here btw?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=410864

Watching this and other "O" projects being outed/ sold has got me looking for another 17" frame. What'll do with one I haven't thought about but I know I'm getting twitchy with no projects in the pipeline after the unicorn build.

If Gil's got custom stalk decals on file.... I'll be hitting him up too as I need some for my 1 1/4" Custom Stalk. Interesting that mine has a bit of rise to it..... I thought they were all set dimensions/ length?

Watching with interest. :cool:

boy"O"boy

Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":12tc0wr9 said:
Looking good Calum.

Good choice of components for that authentic build. Agree on the black XT headset on an orange/white build. I think the original DX headset was silver? - I may be wrong, perhaps it was available in either colour option?
The silver on my "O" is a stronglight X16 - specced this as I remember I was forever tightening the silver Generic headset on my original build BITD.
Mavic is a nice option too, but probably too far away from the original spec build you're aiming for.

Did you see my post here btw?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=410864

Watching this and other "O" projects being outed/ sold has got me looking for another 17" frame. What'll do with one I haven't thought about but I know I'm getting twitchy with no projects in the pipeline after the unicorn build.

If Gil's got custom stalk decals on file.... I'll be hitting him up too as I need some for my 1 1/4" Custom Stalk. Interesting that mine has a bit of rise to it..... I thought they were all set dimensions/ length?

Watching with interest. :cool:

boy"O"boy

Thanks Ben.

The Orange stalk bar could vary, with a 90 degree rise or a 105 rise. Additionally, the length could be 120mm reach, or the 150mm. My bar will have a lower rise to yours, you must have the 105 degree rise one. :cool:

Yes strange times, has certainly helped with people commencing or finishing projects again. Or just wanting to start another project. Doesn’t appear to have stopped people buying...

Re: ORANGE ALUMINIUM O'. 1st batch. THE PROTOTYPE PROJECT BEGINS

After stalling with this build, due covid woes financially, and moving home..I can finally start thinking about building this up. Planning an XT M730 groupset, in Silver, having brake callipers, crankset, XT thumb shifters available since selling off my Orange formula.
Once i start my new job I will be getting in contact with Argos cycles for the respray, unsure what decal graphics to use yet, as there is a few variations. Can be a little creative, particularly as am building a 92 Aluminium O 3rd batch anyway, in the orange white fade also. So dont want them to look to similar!

One to look forward to!

boy"O"boy":3c9o6wsh said:
If Gil's got custom stalk decals on file.... I'll be hitting him up too as I need some for my 1 1/4" Custom Stalk.

He certainly does - he made some for mine. My 2nd set has none & I don't think they were removed.

rwm1962":pyed61yt said:
One to look forward to!

boy"O"boy":pyed61yt said:
If Gil's got custom stalk decals on file.... I'll be hitting him up too as I need some for my 1 1/4" Custom Stalk.

He certainly does - he made some for mine. My 2nd set has none & I don't think they were removed.

Thanks.
My one piece bar, appears to have never donned any decals, plus as pictured on the first page of this thread, the Prototype O did have decals on the stalk bar also. So I will probably not have a decal on the stem. The 1 inch stalk bars that I have seen, and owned previously, have had a decal on mostly.. Dont think there is any right or wrong either way.

Hopefully be able to complete this in 2021 Ed..

It looks to me the only one with the same cable stops as the prototype is the 'ice man' frame as the rear one protrudes above the top tube and the front one is on the upper side of the top tube but doesn't protrude above it.

Hotwheels.":3p649ata said:
It looks to me the only one with the same cable stops as the prototype is the 'ice man' frame as the rear one protrudes above the top tube and the front one is on the upper side of the top tube but doesn't protrude above it.

You pissed on my parade :facepalm:

However, after carefully looking at this, your right. I think the Icemans O pictured (Which I still have, but unfortunately has a small crack) was in fact a prototype, purely as the cable stops are as you described.. And the decals were unusual. unfortunately I haven’t seen any other Aluminium o with the same cable stops.. Just wish the icemans did not have a crack.. Not willing to renew a bike i cant ride. As for my current project frame, its still a first batch, I will just go for same decals and get it resprayed anyhow..and of course the one piece bar. :cool:

Back