ORANGE ALUMINIUM PROTOTYPE, ICEMANS O PROJECT..

Re:

After finally deciding that I will try and replicate the Mountain biker Prototype O, I have managed make a start in accumulating the parts. although it could take some time this. :facepalm:

The one in the magazine is a silver Shimano XT 1 1/4 headset, but I will stick with a black XT one I have in unused condition. I just prefer a black headset :cool:

Thankfully found some Aluminium O forks cheap on Ebay, these will match perfectly when both frame and forks are re-sprayed. The rock Shox pictured on page one have been sold on.. Want to keep this a rigid build.

The one piece orange stalk bar,, will be sprayed black, and will need to get a suitable decal, so will need to message Gil for this.

Some other stuff found to nicely match the build, the New/old stock Elite bottle cage and bottle. Have some Aztec Brake blocks. And want to put a new chain for this build.

A basic Kalloy seat post, 27.6, which was the type of seat post used for the mountain biker Aluminium O. Basic but perfectly functional.

Managed to find some very nice DX front and rear mechs. Going to stick to a Shimano DX Build for this, in line with the Mountain biker Tested bike.

Finally gave the frame a very good inspection, for any cracks or damage, best done in good light :D All good. So plenty to do, but at least I feel I have made some progress. :D

Attachments

• IMG_4808.JPG
    IMG_4808.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4805.JPG
    IMG_4805.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4804.JPG
    IMG_4804.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4806.JPG
    IMG_4806.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4807.JPG
    IMG_4807.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4809.JPG
    IMG_4809.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4810.JPG
    IMG_4810.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 192
Re: ORANGE ALUMINIUM O'. 1st batch. THE PROTOTYPE PROJECT BEGINS

Loving the thread Calum,very thorough as always.

Good choice on Keeping it rigid as well :cool:

Prototype replica for me every day :D

Grand project that.

Gil's just done a decal for my one-piece stalk so he has it on file now. Just needs to change the colour

rwm1962":35svvdge said:
Grand project that.

Gil's just done a decal for my one-piece stalk so he has it on file now. Just needs to change the colour

Thanks all :cool:

That’s great Ross. Thanks for letting me know. Not too many of those 1 piece bar/stems around. Am lucky enough to have a 1 inch combo and obviously the 1 1/4. What colour have you done your bars, and colour of the decal? :cool:

Black bars & orange decal, as I got them. Away at the powdercoaters now with a couple of frames & Pace legs.

rwm1962":27ey63r8 said:
Black bars & orange decal, as I got them. Away at the powdercoaters now with a couple of frames & Pace legs.

Sounds great :cool:

Back