One Of My Best Works Of Art To Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, please don't take this personally ...

I do think a few of the comments are a little harsh but on the other hand you set yourself up for them perfectly with some of your wording ... :-(

IMHO, if you are going to offer your services, your work needs to be 100% faultless, 100% perfect etc.

Choice of colours and components are personal and anyone interested in your services, if they agree with your choice or not, will appreciate and be attracted to a perfect finish and perfect set up ;-)

The only real question I have is the weight - is that a genuine, full bike weight on a quality scale ? :shock:

WD :D

Falling down on the basics just ruins the whole project, first and formost the bike is a piece of machinery designed for a purpose. Is it meant to be riden or hung on a wall as art? If it's art then it's more pleasing to look at if works and everything looks "right". When you show it to people who don't know bikes I bet they like it.

stesnape":9b2hff3f said:
Put your handbags away bitches, someone wanted to show off there hard work and you shoot them down in flames. There's nothing like a bit of encouragement, what a great bunch of guys :oops:

I think most* are commenting on the technical aspects of the build. If the brakes and gears don't work then what is the point. Still it has pedals so better than quite a few. ;)
If it was introduced as Work In Progress then that's different.

*Some don't like the colours and art, but that's each to their own if the builder like it, who cares. Still it's presented to comment on.
Anyone can comment on my bikes, I don't care I present them as they are and any info I can find. I know what's wrong and hope other spot as it might make me alter or finish it (mind they're all in bits again now :LOL:)

:xmas-big-grin:

Bike looks pretty good, clearly you spent quite a bit of time and effort on the looks so take a few more minutes and set it up correctly so it can be ridden, you're almost there.

Brakes look completely unfunctional, especially the rear. If you insist on using cantis on that frame look for for a cable stop like a Paul's Funky Monkey. Honestly the best solution would be to put V's on the bike.

Paint looks nice, very modern.

Cheers!

Personally I'my not that keen on using so many colours on one bike. My general rule is limiting it to no more than three.
There are quite a few little details that could do with resolving too. The front mech and the rear mech cable for example. Where is the colour matched cable crimp?

Also curious as to what the frame is.

is this pre 97?
does it really weigh that little?
whats going on with the rear rim lh side? looks like a ding to me?
is it a colnago or have you just posted on the web a counterfeit/ that you make counterfeit stickers?
really didnt like it but didnt post earlier as i thought each to their own/ maybe your post was irony about pretty builds that dont work/ get ridden? but seeing as it appears it wasnt i would call it a top gun moment. there are profesionals in just about every feild on here. and to me your post reads as "pretty cocky considering the company your in". unfortunately for me you crashed and burned.

i think you've coined a new phrase though...

"I could offer to help...but I'm an artist" :xmas-big-grin:

Possibly a Litech frame?

Don't mind the looks and the cranks are lovely but I think presenting it as a showcase for custom work has left it very open to criticism over the unfinished and oddly bodged or just plain wrong aspects :? Had it been introduced as an early attempt, or a partially completed project then I can guarantee that we'd be falling over each other to get in with the helpful advice!

elPedro666":2bmjyft4 said:
Possibly a Litech frame?

Don't mind the looks and the cranks are lovely but I think presenting it as a showcase for custom work has left it very open to criticism over the unfinished and oddly bodged or just plain wrong aspects :? Had it been introduced as an early attempt, or a partially completed project then I can guarantee that we'd be falling over each other to get in with the helpful advice!

Yep!

I also think the cranks are great. I can't remember seeing those before. I shall refrain on commenting on the rest!

The bike looks like it's been built by someone that doesn't know bikes. The frame is obviously made for V-brakes, and post 97, and the brakes won't work. The gears won't work. Not to mention an ugly frame to start with.

If this is an advert for services, then you'd need to be blind and know FA about bikes to employ your services.

Sorry if harsh, but you've put it out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back