One Of My Best Works Of Art To Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
M-Power":2qcg8ilp said:
It's not his fault, maybe he was trained by Halfords.

SLAM DUNK !!!

(Halfords, "that shop where the cashier thought my PACE was mounted backwards because the brakes were behind the wheel", not kidding I swear)

To the OP : "One of my best" "works of art" "to date" is asking for trouble. Thrice.
Simply put : the fake decals look stupid, especially that one behind the front derailleur. Too many colors on your build. Paint job looks tacky (reminds me of those old BMXes with foam rolls around the tubes). Paul Comp makes V brakes if you're so intent on using fancy brakes on that V brake frame. Red rear brake, black on the front : visual nonsense. Lose the red and green bits (yes, the brake levers).
Yellow and blue rarely go well together. Neither do painted and anodized bits.

The very reason why I'm not putting red anodized bits on my red lacquered frame... it just doesn't work.

betterdays":2asncw29 said:
M-Power":2asncw29 said:
It's not his fault, maybe he was trained by Halfords.

SLAM DUNK !!!

(Halfords, "that shop where the cashier thought my PACE was mounted backwards because the brakes were behind the wheel", not kidding I swear)

Hold on a minute. I work at halfords. Some people who are there know less than nothing but some of us know a thing or to ;)

Just get the right staff at the right store and you'll be ok ;)

Sounds a bit too hit and miss to me, think I'll (continue) to give them a very wide berth.

Same as the OP.

I guess because it didn't descend into bickering.....the criticism was hard but fair. You'd be mad to try and sell an Arab some sand unless your sand looked good!.....

i think everyone has said their piece on this build so i'll lock it.

the reason it was not locked sooner were 2 reasons, it wasn't openly abusive as such and the original poster invited opinions.

unfortunately for him they probably weren't what he expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back