On One Scandal

Looks well tidy. Big wheelers aren't normally my cup of tea, but they are definitely getting better looking.

I nine I'm going to have to give one a whirl at some point.

Mindmap3":25y46q9m said:
Looks well tidy. Big wheelers aren't normally my cup of tea, but they are definitely getting better looking.
Agree with this. Really like the simple clean looks of this build, plus it looks like a fun bike to ride. Nice one :cool:

Cheers everybody :) First ride went well and I'm impressed so far. Rides as light as it builds up and flattered me quite a bit as I'm low on miles this year, ditto the comfort, 30 miles on an alu bike should have had me reaching for the deep heat but the bike rode really comfortably. I've a bit of fork tuning to do but apart from that theres not much I'll be changing, cut the steerer and get myself some black spacers. Some new rubber is on the cards as well.

I've had the Scandal out for a few rides now and I'm really really impressed. My previous 29er was also a delight but my big bugbear was its(mine) inability to lift the front end with any ease. Drop offs were well sketchy and took considerable gung ho to achieve, not so with the Scandal, even with the heavier front end. Whatever criticisms are aimed at 29ers this bike would silence the critics, nice to pop off things, playful and can turn very easily. I've only a few things on it to change, the grips were a trial, cheap foamies instead of my now preferred ESI's, they are just a wee bit too unyeilding. I need to trim the steerer and get rid of that red spacer. its amazing how annoying that has become. I've also ordered some Mucky Nuts fenders to keep the spray down.

8586241364_01be304830_b.jpg

Back