OMFG Have I been karma'd!

watcyc":1ikkpnzb said:
don't use WD-40 on the grips. will make them easy to get off, but good luck getting them to stay in place once back on.
cyclotoine":1ikkpnzb said:
rubbing alcohol is better than WD 40 for removing grips. COmpressed air is better yet if you have a compressor.
i've never had issues with getting grips off with WD40, and never any problems getting them to stay in place after the fact. i actually spray a little on to get them on as well, and it evaporates dry and quick enough that the grip adheres fine with the bar. :?

all on the estay, quick as you can, ride it and then see how you feel, if you don't like it switch it all back.... but all of that minty xt would look rather :cool: and the bars too :twisted: That's one hell of a timewarp special well done you with your good karma...
ps. good luck getting the grip off without fracking it, never had a brahma bar... if you don't like it ;)

Yes always used wd40 here without issue.

I shall do my best. The saracen is funky in a wtf were they thinking kind of way. Even if it's a dog I like the idea of the weirdness factor. Still reeling from the groupset. F+f to be offered later this week.

Question. Are the shifters sti types with clicks as both smooth at present. Maybe need a bit of gt85 (Merlot Syrah kicking in) to loosen them up. Will the front mech fit?

Re:

I'm with LGF, swap the lot.

Yes the shifters should go click. It is very common for the grease on the détente mechs to go hard, and good splooshing with GT85 will do the trick.

on the shifters normally a spray degreaser is the first course of action, followed by spraying out with the air compressor nozzle, then a light spray lubricant. shift it a bunch of times to work everything in to the bits, repeat as needed

Back