Re:

Brahmas too much on this? Along with EVERYTHING else. Sexy :mrgreen:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 216
Re: Re:

makster":2fh9ronb said:
It'd be a real shame to split something that original, in my opinion.
You could sell it to a Diamond Back fanboy and then spend the funds on buying the bits you need for your Saracen

If you think about the price of all the minty XT i wouldn't get anything like that for the complete bike would I? and all the time sourcing parts. Are Diamondback Axis sought after then?

Re:

It's a 1992 model Axis, and indeed all original. To answer the question they're not hugely sought after but they are nicely made with good tubing and ride well. Shame it's not your size...

I believe that somebody on here was doing a resto of the same model on here and was having issues tracking down the saddle so it may be worth looking them up. The smokes should raise some parts funds as well providing that they're not dried up to oblivion :)

RockiMtn":ncsnzhf0 said:
i use WD40 with the spray straw and a long plastic zip tie to wedge between the grips and bar. is the grip all one piece on that??? :shock:

Yes all one long piece. This will be fun.

don't use WD-40 on the grips. will make them easy to get off, but good luck getting them to stay in place once back on. best to use isopropyl/rubbing alcohol and a spray attachment to an air compressor. have to be careful with that though, since they will have a tendency to balloon out and stretch the rubber too much.

if you don't want to muck about with it I have some NOS Avenir branded Brahma bars with those same grips in both 560 and 580mm I could get you set up with for £40

Re: Re:

The History Man":33p7iwla said:
makster":33p7iwla said:
It'd be a real shame to split something that original, in my opinion.
You could sell it to a Diamond Back fanboy and then spend the funds on buying the bits you need for your Saracen

If you think about the price of all the minty XT i wouldn't get anything like that for the complete bike would I? and all the time sourcing parts. Are Diamondback Axis sought after then?

Fair comment. Those bits will look good on the Saracen :cool:

yeah, but that means cutting the grips. get a plant sprayer bottle and put alcohol in it and a long thin blade screwdriver to pry it up, then spray inside

Back