oldest bike, still being ridden on a daily weekly basis?

Dr S":94o1cbtb said:
Danob1":94o1cbtb said:
Farmfield":94o1cbtb said:
Kinda weird, even in that condition I find the Kona beautiful... Why are modern frames so fugly? Is it the front suspension compensated frame design that kills the 'lines'?

Love the RM too, especially the fork...
Agreed. Why do yungsters and new riders want full suspnsion this, disc brake that. Bike designers at the moment are befudled they just can't come up with clean lines like they used to. Give me a double triangle and i'm happy.

Theres plenty of good looking new bikes around at the moment, even with discs!

3743079532_7e182891e8_b.jpg

maybe its my age but to me that reminds me of a trials bike that martin ashton or hans rey would practice on. Im not much of a Kona fan but i do prefer the look and its nothing to do with the discs.

I put this up on MTBR, so I might as well put it here too.

This 1985 Cunningham is not mine, because I would take better care of it if it were. Believe it or not, this is being ridden every day by the original owner.

cunningham01.jpg

cunningham02.jpg

Hey, a 33-spoke wheel!

cunningham03.jpg

Someone call RetroBike social sevices and get that poor bike taken into care!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Repack Rider":2ywgfik5 said:
This 1985 Cunningham is not mine, because I would take better care of it if it were. Believe it or not, this is being ridden every day by the original owner.

cunningham01.jpg

I believe it :eek:

Mr Chicken":3kc29x3f said:
Theres plenty of good looking new bikes around at the moment, even with discs!

3743079532_7e182891e8_b.jpg

maybe its my age but to me that reminds me of a trials bike that martin ashton or hans rey would practice on. Im not much of a Kona fan but i do prefer the look and its nothing to do with the discs.
It's not ugly, not far from my street/dirtbike I just sold, but the steep angeled downtube and sloping toptube just kills that classic look - if you like that, which I do...

Sloping toptube is way more practical though, a real ballsaver to put it bluntly, hehe... But in regards to looks, I prefer the classic...

Back