Ogden water country park, August 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

No it doesn't bother me, I just thought it might be an oversight with Icon being one of the biggest events in the retro calendar with people coming from abroad etc. Its a nice chance to see rare bikes you've never seen before.

Re:

This is in no way meant to be insulting or offensive because we all have different views but if I want to see rare objects I go to a museum or gallery , if I want to see a mountain bike fulfilling it's whole reason for existing I go ride on the moors with fellow bikers on both old and newer bikes :D .
I have the same thoughts on cars and planes and trains and whilst riding the other day got to see an A4 in steam for the first time .

Having now got the route into a usable format off Strava the distance is about 20 miles but there are a few bits we may alter at the weekend which may shorten it slightly , looks interesting on the map but Sunday recce will tell weather permitting , scenary should be stunning south pennine vistas of hills and valleys .

Re:

We had National rides to show off old bikesz shame people don't want to ride bikes but just leave them locked up in the street.
If I live down that way I'd probably pop along to have a skeg, but be better if they brought them to a peaks ride or similar.

We have cancelled our area ride (not yet published luckily) to let this one take precedence, since it looks nice :)

Re:

I've put this up on our Facebook page for you so hopefully some of our lot will come, only problem is it clashes with hull sky ride and I know loads are taking the families to that

Re: Re:

chrisv40":tdhrnno4 said:
I've put this up on our Facebook page for you so hopefully some of our lot will come, only problem is it clashes with hull sky ride and I know loads are taking the families to that

Ok Chris cheers for that, rides will always clash, look at foot ball matches, 'shit I mentioned foot ball' :facepalm:

Difficulty 4/5

NO HELMET NO RIDE !

Start time will be 10.30 am, a food stop will be included but please bring some food with you. This ride takes you around open moorland, stuning views, some technical decents, even a water fall to look at.

Please remember to bring water proofs, spare inner tubes etc. This is a demanding ride but well worth the effort, please do not expect to be back at the car park for 3pm, it will be more like 5pm.

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back