Now doubt about the new Orange Switch 6.

Duxuk

Retro Guru
I have just had a quick peek at the new Orange range to see if they were emerging from the dark ages. They seem to have made a mistake in their description of their new "mullet" designs.
https://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes
"The new Switch 6 take our legendary ride geometry into the realm of the 'Mullet' or 'MX'. Call this category what you like, there is now doubt that mixed sized wheel set brings a new dynamic to fast rolling and agile trail and race bikes."
If you read carefully you'll see it says "there is NOW doubt!" :LOL: I'm sure they were trying to say "NO doubt" about the benefits of mixing wheel sizes.
Not so sure about mixed wheel sizes, myself. I fancy a 29er but have a 27.5 and 3 26" classics. Colour me happy :D

Something new due out imminently & being teased on their facebook page Thought it may be a fat bike looking at the forks but the tags suggest single pivot suspension. Folk who's seen it are keeping tight lipped.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 326
I was surprised how big the range is and, as you say tintin, they have a 26er. Pity it's only in small frame sizes for the vertically challenged. TBH I do love a single pivot. My first FS was a Marin Rift Zone Mk1. Next thing you know Orange are making single pivot designs. I had a Sub5 in 2015 but the pivot point was too high for the small chainring. It sucked the rear wheel down when you pedaled hard. They saw their error shortly afterwards and moved the pivot lower. It would have been fine if we'd had 1X or maybe even 2X drivetrains.
Orange reminds me of BMWs in motorcycling. Many bikers end up with a BM when they reach a certain age. Maybe I'll get another Orange when I reach a certain age.......Oh, wait a minute :oops:

Duxuk":1l73wz3z said:
Orange reminds me of BMWs in motorcycling. Many bikers end up with a BM when they reach a certain age. Maybe I'll get another Orange when I reach a certain age.......Oh, wait a minute :oops:

Dunno about that. See plenty young uns riding Orange. My teen lad was on a team supported by Orange via a local retailer & we sold his bikes after 12 months & got a new one. Always sold to young lads. The only Orange I've sold to someone nearer my age (fifties) was my 26'er Five. We've sold a couple of Santa Cruz's to older thirty-somethings.

Back