NOS FRM/Venturi Build

Some new goodies for the bike
1. Centaur hubs, 135. Appear new, never mounted. Have mental image of the dudes wife, "Nobody is gonna give you $150 for those old things, you're NUTS"
2. FRM v brakes
3. Guess FRM was out of brake levers, and am having a hard time finding anything I'm really in love with. These Paul's were on sale at Blue Sky cycling. Pretty, and gloriously light.

So, still not all Italian. But more Italian. Getting there.
I think you might be able to use FRM canti levers if you use the Tiso attachment which enables this. I think @DACO has some FRM brake levers for trade - he has both Canti and V

This is what @DACO has - I traded a set of Avid Ultimate Black ops for the graphite FRM complete brake set with him. The FRM DP4 are light weight well built and look superb - The Avid are quite a bit better performing but they’re not Italian! 5B4EF6BD-F3E4-4A99-A7B2-FB68A9D2B2EF.jpeg

For Italian levers - you could’ve went for a pair of Extralite. Expensive but Italian !!

Laced up some Sachs hubs to M230 rims. Love those rims ... light and they practically build themselves. And they interface better with V brakes than the concave Campy rims I was gonna use.

Those are some quiet hubs. Good for sneaking up on people.

So that completes the Sachs drive train, far as it goes. Still have an XT cassette and suntour thumbies. Don't tell anybody.

Attachments

• PXL_20240327_120133352.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240327_120133352.MP.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 5
Back