non drivers

Used to be a petrolhead, i'm into older classic cars though, i dont like modern cars, at one time i could'nt imagine life without a car but over the past couple of years i've slowly lost interest and sold my regular use car (an 84 Ford Granada) about three months ago, been walking/cycling/public transport since, i've been lucky with jobs though, always working fairly local, my current place of work is only three miles from home so i cycle there all the time now.

Been restoring a 1978 Ford Capri 3.0S for the past couple of years, it's getting painted at the moment but when it's done it will just be a hobby car, not a daily driver.

Can honestly say i find driving a bit of a stressfull chore nowadays.

I dont own a car !!

I do have a company car that I use for work, and have endless debates with the taxman about personal milage, and the fact I don't do any, and he thinks that is imposabule. ended up with me roaling up my trouser leg and asking him how else I could get legs like this !!!

i sadly have to own a car cos of all the stuff i have to lug between schools....vests ...spare lids...road signs and a huge amount of leaflets ect.the price you have to pay to teach little monsters to ride bikes...(on road that is)they do make you lazy...just like me last motorbike did..... :cry:

one-eyed_jim":1vd461pl said:
Never held a licence. I've been meaning to learn, but somehow haven't got round to it yet - I'm 35.
me too and im 40,just never quite got around to it
I've had six bikes though and prob' spent the on them the cost of a new car

Only test I've ever passed was also for 2 wheels ie a motorcycle and I'm nearly 39.

Unfortunately I have M.E. which has forced me onto a motor scooter and off my bicycles :(

I still ride off road when I can :D

Used to like cars but don't have the spare cash I used too, doing up my house and stuff takes priority now. Quite enjoying just having the one super cheap don't care about condition car and intending to keep it that way for a while and use the bike for commuting.

jimi, wish I'd known about your capri, just scrapped one and sold another recently as well as a pile of stuff on ebay.

Used to have a couple of classic Minis, restored them, but ended up with injuries from all the restoration, so sold them both.

Now just have a big landie for when the whole family go out, otherwise ride/bus/train/walk to work etc.

I always liked cars as I am a huge F1/motogp fan, but the last couple years I havent enjoyed driving on the roads due to high cost of petrol, road rage and more traffic on the road, I find it stressful at times, I only drive if needed and I am lucky enough that I live close to my workplace which I walk to.

Not looking forward to 2010 when the car road tax cost double than the original road tax depending age and engine size of your car, I will be looking for smaller car soon as I only do 4000 miles per year.

My dream car is a Porsche 911, need a lotto win!

Back