Nice little run-around

Re: Re:

oaklec":3ruuqoey said:
Wait, roll back a bit.....

I've just checked out the ebay listing.

Is that a sturmey archer cable pulley?

Do they scientifically give less friction and improve gear changes?

I think sturmey have missed a marketing opportunity here

I remember speaking to Andy at the Alexandra Palace cycling show when they launched the bikes circa 1990/1

I was (am) a Sturmey Archer nerd , and asked him about the SA pulleys

He said I was the first person in 2 days to notice them :), and that he had to buy 1000 sets to be able to get em !

Andy

sinnerman":1kyvvt52 said:
66 triumph daytona":1kyvvt52 said:
I briefly had a Centaur in the mid 90s,531 frame and (Im open to correction here)753 forks.Had it for a year and traded it in for a shite full sus(I know).It was super quick but the groupset was woeful,anyone know what numbers were built,any catalogues out there?

The catalogues are here. viewtopic.php?t=156265&highlight=zinn+z753

And its not secret Campagnolo is heavy, overbuilt, and by any standard no where near as efficient as the Japanese. But God it was stunning..., in a way that the Japanese manufacturers couldn't even come close too. :cool: Ferrari 355 and Honda NSX... :LOL:
Brilliant catalogues.I ended up with a few Centaur spares that I ended up karma ing on here a few years ago.I had a small spill that slightly damaged the rear mech cable guide thingy on the top of the seat tube,front shifting went to pot and never recovered.Are the hubs on Isla`s bike just road hubs or silver mtb Dakar hubs?

66 triumph daytona":1gqh1djp said:
sinnerman":1gqh1djp said:
66 triumph daytona":1gqh1djp said:
I briefly had a Centaur in the mid 90s,531 frame and (Im open to correction here)753 forks.Had it for a year and traded it in for a shite full sus(I know).It was super quick but the groupset was woeful,anyone know what numbers were built,any catalogues out there?

The catalogues are here. viewtopic.php?t=156265&highlight=zinn+z753

And its not secret Campagnolo is heavy, overbuilt, and by any standard no where near as efficient as the Japanese. But God it was stunning..., in a way that the Japanese manufacturers couldn't even come close too. :cool: Ferrari 355 and Honda NSX... :LOL:
Brilliant catalogues.I ended up with a few Centaur spares that I ended up karma ing on here a few years ago.I had a small spill that slightly damaged the frony mech cable guide thingy on the top of the seat tube,front shifting went to pot and never recovered.Are the hubs on Isla`s bike just road hubs or silver mtb Dakar hubs?

They look like Dakar to me, but i cant really see them properly in the pics, im unsure if those wheels weren't added later, i guess only Isla would know if they were how the bike left her.

Re:

Had a really close look and they are def Dakar,I can make out the coloured transfer around the hub,I think the road version simply had Mavic embossed onto the hub.

Re:

Zinn's..........Its Just another level cool.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 522
  • ee76b3aa.jpg
    ee76b3aa.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 522
If anyone is interested, I'm mid-clearout and have something similar I need to move on. It's the 700c CX equivalent of this Zinn, same configuration of seatstays, rollers and dropouts, small size but I've not measured it.

I bought it as a frameset a few years ago, it's been through a few different CX\road builds for my wife (5'3" if that helps with sizing). It's very, very early Islabike branded (vinyl cut stickers are reproductions of what was left of the originals), but must be from the Zinn\Islabike crossover years looking at the detail and comparing with this Zinn.

It's not perfect - one of the mounts for the gear cable rollers needs repair, and there is something going on with the headset, but if anyone is interested in a (much!) cheaper Zinn project I can grab some pictures.

Back