Nice little British project - Venom Sabre/ Sabre Venom

TreaderSteve

Senior Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have had this in my watchlist for a while but cant get past a niggle that it looks rather "Specialized" with crud catcher bosses added. I love the paint :cool: that it has now.

All I can't get over is the 35 quid delivery charge.

Apparently includes insurance 🤣

To me....... Looks like a bag of s****

These sellers that charge stupid money to post stuff really annoy me, just a hidden charge to screw more out of the buyer. I've sold on ebay and for a frame Parcelforce 48 insurance up to £150 £13.95.

I agree postage kills it, but 'fat-ish; tubes, 1 inch headset, nice seatpost clamp, could go lairy with pale pink paint with a paler pink sponge paint job....that's what I'd do!

I'm really sorry but I don't see any nice features that this bike has, it's just not the quality venom that I know it's a cheap frame with stuck on decals.

Al carter quality at best

Royce BB decal tho

Last edited:
Fair enough - it's no Pace or maybe no Overburys but delving a little deeper it might have some local pedigree https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/venom.239898/
a nice 653 frame on there and another with a jazzy paintjob - handbuilt by some guy called Matt. I don't reckon it's $hite - just a bit unknown. But what do I know?!

Taurus Cycles was a frame builder here in Cambridge that I was aware of but out of scope as a 17 year old - I've seen a few bikes/ frames of theirs over the years on Ebay; nothing spectacular just handbuilt small-scale British oddities.

It might not be the Venom I've seen on another review - a super-light framed beast, but might turn out to be a nice bit of fun for £20 if you're from Brum

I know that there are not may of them about but this frame does not look like any of the other Venom mtbs. I would like to see a frame number because I cant shake the feeling that this is a Rockhopper (or similar) that has had a few small mods & a paint job.

Hi there
The serial number on the bb is 67118671
Thanks
Carl​

I don't want it, just following this thread with interest.....

Back