Nice little run-around

Re: Re:

sinnerman":1bwrjyab said:
retrobikeguy":1bwrjyab said:
M-Power":1bwrjyab said:
Wow...dream bike and so cheap for what it is, a part of British MTB history :cool:

Not cheap enough, after all it is just a worn out race bike surely

The Joke is, if this was a Yeti ex-team bike, or Tinkers Klein, it would be Four figures plus already.

Go figure.

Exactly. She is a racing legend and her Islabikes continue her uncompromising legacy for kids. British and iconic, this bike is and i hope it ends up in a museum with the kudos it deserves, after a good fettling as you say.

Re:

Bloody bargain if you asked me.Agreed that a total stripdown/service would be the first thing to do.Interesting and cool to see she used Mavic hubs with the Campag group.Off the charts cool bike.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Theirs never been a better time to Buy Quality.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 543
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 543
Re:

Wait, roll back a bit.....

I've just checked out the ebay listing.

Is that a sturmey archer cable pulley?

Do they scientifically give less friction and improve gear changes?

I think sturmey have missed a marketing opportunity here

oaklec":16mdlr0o said:
Wait, roll back a bit.....

I've just checked out the ebay listing.

Is that a sturmey archer cable pulley?

Do they scientifically give less friction and improve gear changes?

I think sturmey have missed a marketing opportunity here

What cant speak cant lie... :cool:

Re:

Said it before, a Zinn full 753 is the nicest British steel bike ever made,
soz G Roberts. Never ridden one alas.

Re:

I briefly had a Centaur in the mid 90s,531 frame and (Im open to correction here)753 forks.Had it for a year and traded it in for a shite full sus(I know).It was super quick but the groupset was woeful,anyone know what numbers were built,any catalogues out there?

66 triumph daytona":dvxb0611 said:
I briefly had a Centaur in the mid 90s,531 frame and (Im open to correction here)753 forks.Had it for a year and traded it in for a shite full sus(I know).It was super quick but the groupset was woeful,anyone know what numbers were built,any catalogues out there?

The catalogues are here. viewtopic.php?t=156265&highlight=zinn+z753

And its not secret Campagnolo is heavy, overbuilt, and by any standard no where near as efficient as the Japanese. But God it was stunning..., in a way that the Japanese manufacturers couldn't even come close too. :cool: Ferrari 355 and Honda NSX... :LOL:

Back