New Project 1988 Peugeot Triathlon (Finished P5 11th Dec)

Re:

hi yeah great,was trying to look up peroxide? are we talking about acne cure stuff or something else
its come up like new i akways kind off accepted white hoods like tape would get ingrained and that was it :(

i just picked up a record du monde and to be quite honest im not too impressed.gas pipe jobby i reckon!that carbolite was better .

i remember hanging about in a local peugoet dealers shop looking at the carbon lugged
one about £1200 or so even then !

tell me, bearing in mind its a 501. my stem is 22 not 22.2 . bb dread to think but read both sides r-hand threaded french. my cranks cottered 165 oh dear! but obviously earlier than yours.
i reckon my s post is v thin,whats yours? :)

Re: New Project 1988 Peugeot Triathlon

Hi there

The peroxide cream is the stuff that they use on hair. You can get it from most hair dresser suppliers like "Sallys". Get the strongest stuff you can. Wash and clean the item as best you can and then paint the cream on and leave in the sun for a day re-applying the cream here and there. If there is no sun leave in the heat like on top of a rad. This is how I did the hoods but it took 3 days.

My seat post on this one is 26.2 yet another frame I am buying (a raleigh 501) is 27mm.

oh rite,cheer's...it made it look absolutely mint...thanks for that.
yeah there was a lot of experimenting with steeper seat post angles and such like in the late 80's-90's
in an effort to create the ultimate tri specific bike and make more use of the ham string muscles and save the quads a bit more for the run .tri then had a kind of 'wacky' feel to it 'with stories of people running into baker's shops and downing loaves of bread after heading towards glycogen depletion. all sorts of bikes were seen,even 650 wheeled sloping down t tube standard tt bikes of the time were ridden by the elite.also robin brew used principia 650 fr and rear.
later on the 'look kg82' and zipp's.the famous iron man champ of the time was mark allen .bitd hey
hey.

Yep peroxide cream is fantastic, won't work on every thing white but its worth a try on most things.

Had this pic back from my painter today, all striped and ready for primer and colour.

nice, no rust at all. how did he strip it ? i would of expected a duller finish if it was bead blasted or am i confusing it with shot blasting...[had a go on a 12 bore once it was like kbooooom a canon] :D

I think he just use's chemicals not bead or shot blast and def no canons :)

Here's a close up of the BB

Got this pic from my painter today ........... every thing is gona be alwhite :)

Pick it up Friday, put on the decals and take it back for clear coat.

hi,what is the paint ? polyurethane, cellulose or stove enamel or acrylic ?

Back