New member, Donohue Ti Scorpion.

beenatitforyears

Dirt Disciple
Hi, new to this website was put on to it by Tinker so I thought I would put this on for him to see. This is the second time the bike has been on here, I said I would sell it to Tinker but then backed out, the bike has too many memories attached to it so thanks for understanding Tinker.

The bike is rare, one of less than 20 made by Paul Donohue. It was one of the first 2 made, the other going to Cycling weekly for review (if anyone has the review it would be good to see again), it dates from about 1996 and the first picture is pretty much as it was when I bought it apart from the cranks. To give a proper date to it the V brakes were part of the very first in the country and caused quite a stir at the time.

I have renovated the Pace forks, thanks to Pace for the help and assembled a selection of date specific kit bar a couple of items such as the cranks and the new issue ground control tyres (you have to have ground control dont you). The bike isn't a garage queen and will be ridden in anger so completely retro was out of the question.

I have changed the Decals (always hated the originals), I even had Paul put them on just for old times sake. The highlights are, Pace R36 MXCD forks, Pace RC45 stem, Syntace carbon bars, Race Face carbon seatpost and just look at those shimano wheels. I have just finished the rebuild and it is sat in my house like a work of art.

The bike had always been compromised is some way due to cash or unable to get my hands on components (28.6mm seat tube!), so this time I did it right. It's taken a few years but it's done now. Hope you like it.

Attachments

• mmmmmmmmmmmmm_126_686[1].jpg
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm_126_686[1].jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 627
  • donohue bits.jpg
    donohue bits.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 627
  • Donohue end..jpg
    Donohue end..jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 627
Donohue

Needs more retro parts to be quite right, wheels, saddle and chainset in particular and a set of skinwall tyres maybe. Looks a nice ride tho. ;)

Wold ranger, you are right. I have the Rolls Ti saddle which will go back on when renovated, the cranks really are so much better than period pieces that they had to go on and as for the wheels, yep 5 years adrift (but look at them). Have some mavic 217's and campag rims but found a crack in the hope hubs so had to take them apart. Building them up with XT period hubs when I get chance.

But hay ho, it's an old bike that can give the youngsters a run for its money, wasn't meant to be period just a good ride. Look for it on the hills I am not too far from you.

Back