Need help to ID an Ibis Stem

forent27

Dirt Disciple
Hii Folks,
currently im looking for a ibis quill mountain stem and someone had offered me a ibis quill stem, but unfortunately the seller doesnt know wheter its a mountain or road quill stem.. here attached the detail picts of it..
since the mountain and road stem are look almost identical for my rookie eyes, so really need your help to id these stem..
hope you guys could help me to figure out these matters.. your helps are deeply appreciated...
Regards,
Cheers..

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 15
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 13
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 21
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 22
  • s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    188 KB · Views: 22
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 17
Looks like 0 degrees, can be used for both. Road usually have a negative angle and mountain a positive one (6 to 15).

Road handlebar have 26 mm grip and mountain 25.4.

Looks like 0 degrees, can be used for both. Road usually have a negative angle and mountain a positive one (6 to 15).

Road handlebar have 26 mm grip and mountain 25.4.
hii, thanks for kindly informations..
is there any specific things psychically form the stem that could pointed out wheter is it a mtb or road?
cause if its a road my handlebar would be a bit loose due to the clamp size differences...
please kindly advice..
regards..

hii, thanks for kindly informations..
is there any specific things psychically form the stem that could pointed out wheter is it a mtb or road?
cause if its a road my handlebar would be a bit loose due to the clamp size differences...
please kindly advice..
regards..
That is correct. By the look of the photo of the bar clamp area it certainly looks like an MTB version at 25.4mm.
These are beautiful and pretty rare titanium stems, I have a very similar one.

That is correct. By the look of the photo of the bar clamp area it certainly looks like an MTB version at 25.4mm.
These are beautiful and pretty rare titanium stems, I have a very similar one.
Thank for you kindly advice..
Regards..

Hi,

probably a little late to the party on this one, but it's worth looking at the Ibis section in the retrobike archive for info on their stems. Several of the brochures have all the details you'll need.

Matt

Hi,

probably a little late to the party on this one, but it's worth looking at the Ibis section in the retrobike archive for info on their stems. Several of the brochures have all the details you'll need.

Matt
Hii Matt,
totally fine, appreciate your thoughts..
regards

Yep, mountain version

Also, IMHO one of the nicest stems ever made, too bad it does not incorporate front brake cable support, I have one on my Bianchi MTB

Check out this writeup from Bicycle guide in 1992, it was made in-house by Ibis and sold for $235USD BITD

20230731_025559021_iOS.jpg

Back