FUNK Force GS Bike ID

forent27

Dirt Disciple
Hii Folks..

Recently i had been offered by someone a FUNK Force GS Bike in Metallic Green colour comes with a matched colour FUNK TL-1 Fork..
Here attached some of the picts..
I did some researchs about the bike, but there was very limited datas about FUNK bike..
What im concerned about are :

1. Is it a legit FUNK Force GS model?if yes what year it might be?
2. Paint Job - most of them are in bare allumunium coulour (silver), the one i had been offered is in a metallic green colour, what i heard FUNK offered a custom paint job as well back then. the bike has a "RICHART CUSTOM PAINTING" Centralia, WA decal on the left chainstay. Is it a custom paint job offered by FUNK itself or the seller might be re-painted it on an after market painter?any body knows who the painter was?is he Dale Richart?
3. Decals - are those original decals or had been redecaled?cause if i look online most of them dont have "FORCE GS" decal on the toptube
4. Chainstays - the one i had been offered has ovalized/cylindrical chainstays, if i look online they have square chainstays

Hope you guys could help me out about the bike..
Regards,
Andrew

Attachments

• Funk FORCE GS ad_1.jpg
    Funk FORCE GS ad_1.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 370684-7feb0ec1746d14c95d677df000c82648.jpg
    370684-7feb0ec1746d14c95d677df000c82648.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 32
  • 5e01c2f3-ec63-4227-9206-82eaf38b261a.JPG
    5e01c2f3-ec63-4227-9206-82eaf38b261a.JPG
    469.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 9d06f650-baab-4044-a6d9-b89dc962961c.JPG
    9d06f650-baab-4044-a6d9-b89dc962961c.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 99bf97dc-b5f7-4d97-84ba-554f8b993d8a.JPG
    99bf97dc-b5f7-4d97-84ba-554f8b993d8a.JPG
    538.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 537e5c96-d84d-457f-afc4-4e27237fd5da.JPG
    537e5c96-d84d-457f-afc4-4e27237fd5da.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 659fbe81-0bf0-44fe-be7c-da20578c7af0.JPG
    659fbe81-0bf0-44fe-be7c-da20578c7af0.JPG
    353.5 KB · Views: 24
  • a984552c-89c3-4fa1-bb38-77e672fb76dc.JPG
    a984552c-89c3-4fa1-bb38-77e672fb76dc.JPG
    355.6 KB · Views: 32
I got a pm over the weekend but I was in a tent with crappy reception! Just sent this to Andrew;

I'm assuming you're in Indonesia? I say that because the paint scheme is so unique that I'm pretty sure it's the same bike that's been up for sale on Bukalapak a few times. Assuming that it is I thought you might want to see the previous listings;

www.bukalapak.com

Jual vintage mtb funk force gs di Lapak santri bike

Beli vintage mtb funk force gs. Harga Murah di Lapak santri bike. Telah Terjual Lebih Dari 1. ✓ Pengiriman cepat ✓ Pembayaran 100% aman. Belanja Sekarang Juga Hanya di Bukalapak.
www.bukalapak.com
www.bukalapak.com

www.bukalapak.com

Jual MTB Funk Force GS super langka bukan Klein Trek Cannondale Polygon Federal di Lapak Totok Budiyanto

Beli MTB Funk Force GS super langka bukan Klein Trek Cannondale Polygon Federal. Harga Murah di Lapak Totok Budiyanto. ✓ Pengiriman cepat ✓ Pembayaran 100% aman. Belanja Sekarang Juga Hanya di Bukalapak.
www.bukalapak.com
www.bukalapak.com

www.bukalapak.com

Jual Sepeda mtb Funk Force Gs bukan klein cannondale ritchey federal di Lapak Totok Budiyanto

Beli Sepeda mtb Funk Force Gs bukan klein cannondale ritchey federal. Harga Murah di Lapak Totok Budiyanto. ✓ Pengiriman cepat ✓ Pembayaran 100% aman. Belanja Sekarang Juga Hanya di Bukalapak.
www.bukalapak.com
www.bukalapak.com

1. Is it a Force Gs? Good question... Having spoken with Daryl Funk quite a bit over the last few years, I get the impression that things were always being changed, updated and consequently things are a little "blurry". Personally, I think that it's a Force G as the rear triangle is different to mine (square section seat stays and "S" bent seat stays). It would be interesting to measure the tube OD as the Columbus tubing is different to the Easton stuff.

2. I think Rich Hart worked for Klein at some point and then did some work for Funk. I don't know if he bought and resold the frames or Daryl commissioned them (he can't remember).

3. It's not original. Assuming that this is in Indonesia then it was probably added by the distributer (BINO) as it looks like the "Durango" one on my ASF, but you would have thought they would have spelt it correctly!

4. Correct, the later models (Gs & ASF) had square sectioned chain stays. However, the Gs in the Sevysa advert has circular tubes - this is what I mean about blurry.

I'm not sure that it's a TL-1 fork as I can't see the adjusters on the top of the fork legs. I suspect that it's slightly earlier as the "Top Load" fork came later. They look the same but the elastomer stack is different.

Last edited:
I got a pm over the weekend but I was in a tent with crappy reception! Just sent this to Andrew;

I'm assuming you're in Indonesia? I say that because the paint scheme is so unique that I'm pretty sure it's the same bike that's been up for sale on Bukalapak a few times. Assuming that it is I thought you might want to see the previous pricing;

www.bukalapak.com

Jual vintage mtb funk force gs di Lapak santri bike

Beli vintage mtb funk force gs. Harga Murah di Lapak santri bike. Telah Terjual Lebih Dari 1. ✓ Pengiriman cepat ✓ Pembayaran 100% aman. Belanja Sekarang Juga Hanya di Bukalapak.
www.bukalapak.com
www.bukalapak.com

www.bukalapak.com

Jual MTB Funk Force GS super langka bukan Klein Trek Cannondale Polygon Federal di Lapak Totok Budiyanto

Beli MTB Funk Force GS super langka bukan Klein Trek Cannondale Polygon Federal. Harga Murah di Lapak Totok Budiyanto. ✓ Pengiriman cepat ✓ Pembayaran 100% aman. Belanja Sekarang Juga Hanya di Bukalapak.
www.bukalapak.com
www.bukalapak.com

www.bukalapak.com

Jual Sepeda mtb Funk Force Gs bukan klein cannondale ritchey federal di Lapak Totok Budiyanto

Beli Sepeda mtb Funk Force Gs bukan klein cannondale ritchey federal. Harga Murah di Lapak Totok Budiyanto. ✓ Pengiriman cepat ✓ Pembayaran 100% aman. Belanja Sekarang Juga Hanya di Bukalapak.
www.bukalapak.com
www.bukalapak.com

1. Is it a Force Gs? Good question... Having spoken with Daryl Funk quite a bit over the last few years, I get the impression that things were always being changed, updated and consequently things are a little "blurry". Personally, I think that it's a Force G as the rear triangle is different to mine (square section seat stays and "S" bent seat stays). It would be interesting to measure the tube OD as the Columbus tubing is different to the Easton stuff.

2. I think Rich Hart worked for Klein at some point and then did some work for Funk. I don't know if he bought and resold the frames or Daryl commissioned them (he can't remember).

3. It's not original. Assuming that this is in Indonesia then it was probably added by the distributer (BINO) as it looks like the "Durango" one on my ASF but you would have thought they would have spelt it right!

4. Correct, the later version (Gs & ASF) had square sectioned chain stays. However, the Gs in the Sevysa advert has circular tubes - this is what I mean about blurry.

I'm not sure that it's a TL-1 fork as I can't see the adjusters on the top of the fork legs. I suspect that it's slightly earlier as the "Top Load" fork came later. They look the same but the elastomer stack is different.
Thanks for the thoughts man...

Back