Fat Chance Titanium Help to ID

Nice FAT Ti you have there. It will ride a bit softer than the earlier design mono stay Ti frames. Its still using the hand lathed externally butted tubing of the earlier designs ( beautiful touch imo ). My 97Ti uses butted Ti tubes with less pronounced butting. FAT used Ancotech Ti tubing and my guess is later NY era built bikes from 97 onwards used ‘manufacturer butted’ spec tubing saving the huge cost of hand lathing in house which was common on the earlier frames. As has been said the other bike shop ti frame is not a FAT. Ride and enjoy 😎

Nice FAT Ti you have there. It will ride a bit softer than the earlier design mono stay Ti frames. Its still using the hand lathed externally butted tubing of the earlier designs ( beautiful touch imo ). My 97Ti uses butted Ti tubes with less pronounced butting. FAT used Ancotech Ti tubing and my guess is later NY era built bikes from 97 onwards used ‘manufacturer butted’ spec tubing saving the huge cost of hand lathing in house which was common on the earlier frames. As has been said the other bike shop ti frame is not a FAT. Ride and enjoy 😎
Hii M-Power, thanks for your thoughts.. appreaciate it..

Back