Mystery Marin mountain bike

dozenrobins

Retro Newbie
IMG_5108.jpeg IMG_5109.jpeg IMG_5114.jpeg IMG_5116.jpeg IMG_5112.jpeg

Hi folks! My dad passed this bike that was collecting dust in his shed on to me when doing a clear out. Took it into the repair shop and was told it would make more sense to sell it as it’s old and needs a bit of work to be rideable, however someone out there with a love for old bikes might want it - was directed to this forum! I am an absolutely cycling newbie so no idea where to even start with selling / valuing it - really appreciate any guidance :)

The frame itself is nothing really special, but the forks and the wheels will probably be of the most value so if you want the most financial gain I would split it.

It's a difficult one because I believe that frame was bottom of Marin's steel line up, but it's been upgraded with some nice parts. As is always the case, you would get more by splitting and most the value is probably in the wheels and fork.

I don't know about value, but I would be interested if you are selling it or interested in the fork if you decide to split.

It's a difficult one because I believe that frame was bottom of Marin's steel line up, but it's been upgraded with some nice parts. As is always the case, you would get more by splitting and most the value is probably in the wheels and fork.

I don't know about value, but I would be interested if you are selling it or interested in the fork if you decide to split.
Yep, the rims are interesting though. Ano red campag. I’ve never seen those

Assuming all bushings are good in the fork and it rebounds well the fork could be worth a little over £100? Though I’m not great at pricing these things.

If your not sure of a price, and your happy to box it up and post it, put it on ebay....that way the market will set the price rather than you trying to guess. Do put "Amp Research forks" in the description....as these will be the big pull as said above.

Oh, and don't forget to post up a link in this forums ebay watch section...

The other option is to strip the bike and sell it....more work, but you will get more in bits...you always do.

Or, stick it on this forum for £200 posted (or something).....somebody can take the forks, then sell on the wreckage for you! You also avoid all those evil bay fees and you know its going to a good home.

Forks could get £150 upwards on eBay if they are in decent nick. Front wheel maybe another £50. As has been said, red and rims are unusual. Rest of it is functional but not exciting. LX cranks will polish up but not sell for much. If the risers are club roost like the bar ends that could be another £20.

Ebay for £200 minimum and let the highest bidder decide. Factor in if you can be arsed to post, but there are RB magpies all over if collection only

Thanks again for the suggestions folks! :) Have listed it on eBay for collection only as sorting a courrier looked like a lot of faff.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back