My Mystery Bike...

Fairyglass

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
I picked up this bike today from a police auction, bought without checking it :shock:
Having got it back and taken a look over it, I'm pretty happy, but I've no idea what it is! If anyone can help with identification, I'd appreciate it. As you can see it's an alloy frame with an air push shock. The frame's been stripped- it was red originally- and the tubing seems pretty light- it pings nicely when tapped. There's no frame number any more, although I suspect there was one under the BB as there seems to be less metal on one side than the other.

It's currently XTR equipped, with SIDs and a Noleen rear shock. There are Hope discs laced to unknown rims with black nipples. The front brake doesnt' work- not sure why yet- and the left hand crank is loose (worn) on the BB which is a pity. I'm not sure at this stage what I'm going to do with it- I bought it to split and use some of the parts, but I'm tempted to get it back on the road as a complete bike for a while.

Any comments welcome, and any help identifying it would be great! :D
Ben

mystery-bike.jpg

rudymexico":2865rwjl said:
K2 Razorback
Yep, that looks the same- castings are the same, and the overall frame dimensions look right. Mystery solved, thanks!

Now, just got to get it working. Anyone else got one of these? It's rattly around the shock and I'd like to see what bushes there should be there...

Thanks folks :)

So how the hell does that very strange looking rear shock work? it looks like its just stuck there :? :?

graham1975":3iltkyb1 said:
So how the hell does that very strange looking rear shock work? it looks like its just stuck there :? :?

Same as the pull shock on a GT Lobo/STS or Yeti/Schwinn Straight 8 (reversed)

117207-gt-lobo_1000_dh-bike.png

Well..... I paid... £270 for the whole bike... now there's a few problems with it so there will be more expense. The left hand crank is knackered- the octalink (?) teeth are worn. The front brake doesn't work at all, and I've never used or worked on hydraulics so don't know where to start. The rear shock was flat- I've pumped it up and it seems to be happy enough, but it's not returning as it should. I'll give it some time and see.
All the rest is fine- the SIDS are smooth and there's no pitting, the gears work, so mixed blessings!

The shock's a push shock- the pin of the shock is attached to the frame and the rear triangle pushes the shock against it.

Back