My 94 Orange Clockwork build

jimbobrust":xvln2uk5 said:
Thanks for the input wold ranger :) I'll go explore.I tried some different(better) tyres out tonight and the

ride was a lot better.All my mates run front suspension but I like the feel of steel;-)
Has anyone got a gurvinflex stem for sale 1" fitment???? or are they like rockin horse shit?

There was one on here, only last week? I used to ride the old railways a lot, fully rigid, but could be a bit rough in early spring, when all the horse foot marks first dried out, till the top got flattened out.
You could try running the tyre around 34/36 psi, but then with all the thorns around there, punctures can be a problem, Latex tubes give a smoother ride, save weight and while not puncture proof, are a lot better than Butyl.
Other thing is some softer grips, like foam or ODI Tomacs, mushroom style.
Other thing I notices, your bars are higher than the saddle and you run a short stem. This will push your weight back into the saddle, so you will feel the trail buzz and bumps more, I know it takes some getting used to, but if you ran a lower more stretch position, you will take more weight on your shoulders and the bike will be more balanced.

cheers for all the comments lads.I've been running the same setup for months plus semi slick tyres. Its been abit hairy lately with all the rain but I've put 1000 + miles on this setup and its still going strong. the front deore mech is dead but a mate gave me a lx replacement. I,m gonna ride the **** out of this till winter then maybe upgrade it or start afresh with a p7 or full sus (retro) what do u recon?

Back