My 94 Orange Clockwork build

Re:

Have to agree with the majority and say I think the bike looks great and I love the colour. Not quite sure why some feel the need to post negatively.

Was fancying a Specialized but could be persuaded to go for an Orange now :facepalm:

Has anyone used rst 461s before? At that price they seem like a steel,I just wonder weather they would suit the bike and be light enough.I know they were factory fitted to later orange bikes but 100mm of travel is maybe too much for my old clockwork?

Re:

I think 100mm would be too much, more likely 50, possibly 80mm in '94. However, I missed out on the whole suspension thing until much later, 2008, so perhaps someone else can verify that.

If it rides nicely with the forks fitted, I'd be inclined to leave it alone. :D

Re:

Oranges are usually pretty springy, think the forks could be part of the problem and the riser bars (weight well back-kick up the arse syndrome) Try find som curved rigid forks, or maybe some RC 35's, recognise the photo! which side are you from?

Cheers Wold Ranger I'm a Hu5 lad. Yeah I think some pace forks would suit it,I'll keep my eye out for some.Can you recommend any good trails in our area? I'm getting bored doing the same Raywell/Ferriby rides.....

Re:

There's a few good rides around Brantingham and I used to live at Market Weighton, there are a couple of old Railway lines round there that offer good trails, without being steep. Loads further over on the Wolds, but can be very steep climbs.
Many sections of the Wolds way are good too. Even from Hessle end.

Thanks for the input wold ranger :) I'll go explore.I tried some different(better) tyres out tonight and the

ride was a lot better.All my mates run front suspension but I like the feel of steel;-)
Has anyone got a gurvinflex stem for sale 1" fitment???? or are they like rockin horse shit?

Back