My 94 Orange Clockwork build

I posted a pic of the forks because a friend said they were bent??? There spinners,are they the same as kona p2s? and do they have a slight forward lean?

Forks look nice and straight. You need them to be offset forwards at a slacker angle to the head tube, otherwise things would be a bit severe if they were steeper, in line with the head tube angle.

Loved the original blue and silver fade, but the tangy Orange and black scheme is nice too. Graphics nice and minimal. Like the matching jockey wheels also.

Goes to show you don't have to spend a fortune on a project either. Best ridden and enjoyed. Carry on!

:LOL: Really happy with my setup.I did 22 miles tonight and the only thing to let me down was my head stem (serves me right for fitting one from a falcon) but it was the only 1" one i could find at the time. Anyway I thought if I'm replacing the stem I might aswell do the forks and go A head style;-)Has anyone got a pair? Would love some marzocki zokes or rockshox mags or anything from the 94 era with short travel and cheap..........I'm not bothered about condition cos i can referb/paint um anyway.cheers guys.......

Attachments

• 2014-04-04 18.33.24.jpg
    2014-04-04 18.33.24.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 205
Re:

Surely the cost of that respray woulda been better spent on less crappy parts? Sorry to be negative but it seems like a waste of dosh :facepalm:

Sean

Re:

Surely the cost of that respray woulda been better spent on less crappy parts?

If you read the thread, the respray cost £10.00. That doesn't buy many parts, crappy or not. :p

I think it looks good, I've always liked the combination of a light, bright frame colour with predominantly black components.

Not sure I could ride it with seat at that angle though, makes me wince just looking at it. :shock: :D

Re:

Best being ridden and enjoyed than hanging around garage queen style, trick parts or not.

Could keep the original forks, insert a 1 inch quill stem adapter, then fit the 1-1/8 inch threadless stem of your choice, may be.

That saddle position looks like mine whenever I go over some pot holed London roads – the Zoom seatpost clamp is losing its grip now.

Latest posts

Back