Muddy Fox Courier 1987 (warning - lots of pics)

This bike is stunning isn’t it! I missed out these (entered the fold a bit later in 92' with a Marin) first time around.

I've picked up a well worn but mechanically sound 87' Courier recently that needs some love and tlc. This example gives me something to aim for!

Mine has been resprayed in a much dated metallic purple / white fade and no sign of a muddy fox sticker anywhere. I think its done the rounds as a commuter somewhere and a previous owner was afraid of the nickability.. it still rides great!

Attachments

• muddy.JPG
    muddy.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,456
Nice bike, Mike. I had a courier in 85, and as has been said it had riser bars but a few other different components, including two hideous yellow big plastic circles that covered the back wheel, one on either side!! Nice gimmic - some will remember!!

That said, the dents in my shins are proof that we had the same peddals -- my God, those bear traps hurt when they spun round and got you :cry:

Hope the bike is still going strong. I am gutted I took mine to my local dump about 10 years ago - but hopefully someone picked her up and kept her going :)

casper-d

Mike":2reeudvt said:
Here's my pub bike. Old skool genuine Muddy Fox Courier. The only non-original parts are the tyres. Still has the original grips and seat.

Great bike
Was this the one on the bay a few months back from Tewksbury ?

Mike":2nlkgina said:
Here's my pub bike. Old skool genuine Muddy Fox Courier. The only non-original parts are the tyres. Still has the original grips and seat.

Great bike
Was this the one on the bay a few months back from Tewksbury ?

Back