Muddy Fox Courier 1987 (warning - lots of pics)

WOW, WOW What a bike. I'm new to this site and thef irst page i see is a Courier. I started of on an '86 Courier. fantastic bike. i wish i still had it, even if it was in the shed. it looked after me on many occasions.

look at that paw print in the frame and dia compe brakes!!

Fantastic bike. I followed the courier with a pallisades trail and then a pine mountain. I still have the pine mountain and I think after having a look around this site it might see much more mud this summer!!

Work this afternoon? PAH![/quote]

sportbilly":19cj7d1k said:
WOW, WOW What a bike. I'm new to this site and thef irst page i see is a Courier. I started of on an '86 Courier. fantastic bike. i wish i still had it, even if it was in the shed. it looked after me on many occasions.

look at that paw print in the frame and dia compe brakes!!

Fantastic bike. I followed the courier with a pallisades trail and then a pine mountain. I still have the pine mountain and I think after having a look around this site it might see much more mud this summer!!

Work this afternoon? PAH!
[/quote]

Sorry for the thread hijak - but....Sportbilly - I'll be selling at least one of these come the summer, maybe even three. ;-) keep in touch if you want one.

Really fancied one of these 20 years ago :roll: but the only affordable one i saw was in Brixton Market and had obviously had a short but VERY HARD life :cry: - Barely a tooth left on any chainring, dents scrapes and so on. I came very close but couldn't part with the £25 being asked :LOL:

Pity Argos are selling MF's now. Tsk.

Wu-Tangled":2w4ottc4 said:
Pretty sure it's a 1987 model by the way. The 1986 had riser bars and non indexed Suntour gears and a different chainset. These are XC5000 indexed IIRC.

yes - agreed. It's an '86. I have an '86 that had cow horn handlebars, non indexed thumbshifters and def did not have the XC5000. The original rear derailleur is saldy long gone, but the front is still on the bike... Also the wheels are slightly different looking around the hubs (no black line).

However, what a great example - certainly in 1000 times better state than mine (which is unrideable and has a frame so badly pitted with rust it's a crime).

my cousin bought one of these brand new!!! I remember having a go of it and it was light years ahead of my Raleigh Mustang which i had at the time!!! :LOL: :LOL: Cracking bikes. :cool:

I remember doing 4 paper rounds & saving my money for my 1st real MTB!! that was the courier, I had the yellow paw print disc covers aswell...moved onto the explorer next, ah memories!!

i actually ended up buying a Muddy Fox a few years later, i think it was a 1992? Courier Mega with the mono stays, and in bright yellow! but the frame was a bit too big, so ended up selling it on quite quickly?? :cry:

looks very nice, always used to like the Muddy Fox range bitd..

I just received a karma'd '89 Courier from a very kindly Mr Splatterpaint, the only thing i need is a new bb axle and some pedals.. its very original like yours but I have had a craving to try a singlespeed and so for the price of a bmx freewheel and a sram powerlink i'm going to give it a go with this.. i can't see it staying that way though and its a keeper so retaining all the gear bits with this in mind.. it has the U-brake under the chainstays too, haven't seen one in a loooong time!

Back