Mr Ox's AMP B3

Re: Re:

MR OX":265wr3lf said:
Things I have remembered today
1: Polishing alloy by hand is blooming hard work
2: I really need to sell some of the parts in the garage to make space (& fund this build)
Popped the forks out today I'll have another 10 pairs at that price :LOL:
A few hours later & the worst of the tarnish is removed.
Also popped the shock out to clean & inspect, considering a Risse as apparently it's a worthy upgrade.
Next jobs are remove the remaining decals main & final polish of frame (when my hands stop hurting) :LOL:

Looks great! I feel your pain with the polishing... but you have way more paitence than me! I remember starting that on a Rocky mountain Extreme and betting tired/bored part way through!

Definately get the Risse upgrade, stiffens up the rear end, much better feel and you get the shh sound when you go over the larger stuff!

Re:

Wheels arrived in the post today, they're used but look good enough. I've gone over them with the polish & found all the marks (there are quite a few) like the frame! Also I've decided to go for the Raceface chainset which has a fair bit of heel rub. so contrary to my previous statement about a build to the standards I see here & aspire to it looks like it'll still be a ten yarder :roll: However beauty isn't everything.
Thinking about headsets now any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_6342.JPG
    IMG_6342.JPG
    322.9 KB · Views: 411
Re:

Headset...I like a little colour so would go for blue or red....brighten the front end up.

Re:

Yep, I'm thinking coloured maybe Chris King? Ideally I'd have liked a Raceface but the only one I can see scouring the internet is a well used silver one in the States :(

Re:

Great work on this so far. I'd love to know how that frame and fork ride.

Will be watching to see it completed.

mattpayne":13ew9ruj said:
Looks great! I feel your pain with the polishing... but you have way more paitence than me! I remember starting that on a Rocky mountain Extreme and betting tired/bored part way through!

Definately get the Risse upgrade, stiffens up the rear end, much better feel and you get the shh sound when you go over the larger stuff!
I've just started wet flatting the paint on the car I'm restoring, this was a walk in the park! :LOL: :LOL: :facepalm:

Got a few parts in the post so may make some progress so as flatting the car is killing me!

Re:

Sourced a lovely red hope headset from Tim on here :D Took it up to fit & I'm just not feeling it on this bike.
this is the third bike of this vintage I've had & they all end in tears! I'm beginning to think it doesn't agree with me :?

MR OX":2a2tp4qw said:
Sourced a lovely red hope headset from Tim on here :D Took it up to fit & I'm just not feeling it on this bike.
this is the third bike of this vintage I've had & they all end in tears! I'm beginning to think it doesn't agree with me :?

The bike or the headset?
I'd get it finished and then see. Had the same with the Extralite, Got it powder coated, sent the rear to Italy for refurbishment, spent a bomb and wasn't motivated as I usually am as I didn't think the bike gelled.
Pushed myself to finish it and glad I did. Love it!

Re:

The headset, it's in lovely condition but I just don't think it goes with the bike. I've seen pictures of your Extralite & it is a BEAUTY :cool:
I really like the bike, I just always struggle with this period, earlier or later I'm fine.
I shall perceiver!

Back