Mr Ox's AMP B3

Re:

Good start on this.

My recent B3 acquisition is already in bits ready for a new lease of life :)

(I'm blaming Gerard for the outcome...)

Re: Re:

1552":216ymqu3 said:
Good start on this.

Awesome :cool:

New decals arrived from Gil @ retrodecals today, they look spot on, really chuffed!

Re: Re:

1552":2l9kvtvx said:
Good start on this.

What did I do..... ;-)

You'd better get some photos up.

Re:

Things I have remembered today
1: Polishing alloy by hand is blooming hard work
2: I really need to sell some of the parts in the garage to make space (& fund this build)
Popped the forks out today I'll have another 10 pairs at that price :LOL:
A few hours later & the worst of the tarnish is removed.
Also popped the shock out to clean & inspect, considering a Risse as apparently it's a worthy upgrade.
Next jobs are remove the remaining decals main & final polish of frame (when my hands stop hurting) :LOL:

Attachments

• P1050670.JPG
    P1050670.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 415
  • P1050671.JPG
    P1050671.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 414
Re:

Looking good so far.

Got my decals from Gil, slightly different from the original but I prefer them :)

Re:

Riser are a great upgrade. I need to get one for my B3...it is the exchange rate and duty which hurts!

Looking good though. I not what you mean re polishing....I try and avoid it at all costs!

Re:

Made a little more progress / or not today :LOL:
I've got a fair bit of nice red / silver / blue U.K. stuff so decided we might try some of this on.
Fitted up the 113mm Syncros BB I've had waiting for a project for ages, went to mate up my Middleburn RS3 (I think) & not a chance, fouling the frame a treat. I thought 113mm was the correct axle length but obviously not!
I have an Xt737 crank but it doesn't do it for me, I also have a set of raceface turbines but they're a bit newer.
Time for a bit of a re-think.

Attachments

• P1050716.JPG
    P1050716.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 377
Re:

I have same Middleburn....125/127mm axle!

RF for me on mine.
Are they are they not earlier Turbine LP? Could be 1995. Often they had a year date on them rather than code. What date is the frame?

Re:

I must admit I do like the Raceface they just have the size (175) & 0389 stamped on the back. I have a black set on my Fsr which are numbered 0166 so may "liberate" them for the Amp, although they don't have the groove in them like these.
Conflicting suggestions on the frames age some people say 94 some say 95 frame number is 6123.

Re:

I will check my frame number to compare.

The RF LP with the grove feature in the 1995 catalog. Non grove I always thought were later.

Back