motorway pubs.

Don't underestimate a pilots ability to be completely stupid without having had a drink. A very good friend of mine is a hostie and on a recent flight to New York, they experienced the cabin filling up with smoke so has to make an emergency landing which they told the passengers about in a nicey nicey don't worry about anything kind of way. What the pilot then forgot to do was turn the pa off before he made the mayday call...

I heard a radio interview with the Commercial Director of 'Spoons' at the opening yesterday, and he claimed their pub was a great place for people to stop, have a meal and a cup of coffee. He repeated this mantra several times during the interview.

The thought occurred to me at the time.... isn't that what people do at ALL service stations?

I bet that service station will be popular with football / rugby fans travelling to / from matches. :facepalm:

Arfur Pint, Pub manager said, "The 12 Month Ban will be open from 04:00 to 01:00 seven days a week and serving alcohol from 09:00."

Serving alcohol from 09:00!?!?
Full English brekkie and a pint of Ole StumpThwacker please!

Seriously? Booze from 09:00??

Cant see any issue myself.

All pubs (ok that one up the west coast doesn't count) are on roads, some of them are even on main roads. And some of them have CAR PARKS attached! If that's not an invitation to drink and drive I'm not sure what is.

As for the time there is a pub in Irvine open at 7 and busy at 9. Not somewhere you'd want to visit mind.

Bla bla think of the children etc.

technodup":284y0jct said:
Bla bla think of the children etc.

Yeah, 'cos they're all over the motorways with that shit.

I'm forever leaning out of the window telling them to pack it in with that bloody football - they'll scuff somebody's paintwork, you know. Swines they are.

Carge":11reej0t said:
Arfur Pint, Pub manager said, "The 12 Month Ban will be open from 04:00 to 01:00 seven days a week and serving alcohol from 09:00."

Serving alcohol from 09:00!?!?
Full English brekkie and a pint of Ole StumpThwacker please!

Seriously? Booze from 09:00??

That's the Wetherspoon's way! Pretty much all of them are open from 9 for breakfast, lovely crowd you get in there too, especially on giro day. Good ale though.

I still think its a bad idea for petrol stations to be selling booze, and why, if theyre not trying to encourage drink driving, do pubs have carparks anyway! :LOL:

I guess the prices will be allot more though as with everything else at Motorway Services so may not attract the budget conscious or the Giro crowd

Back