More moderation please!

Whilst I've got my grumpy head on

That's another that gets right up my poop chute

Existing members saying hey mate play by the rules but dibs and you have a pm

Where is the deterrent? If there was any bias I doubt it would be from the mods but members bending the rules and ignoring them themselves

Bah humbug

Charlieboy28":l4z4b1b9 said:
Yes I think the mods should screen all of our pms before they get delivered. That'll learn em

What makes you think we don't do that right now?

NSA-PRISM-LOGO.jpg

:LOL:

Cos unless youve written the software to do it yourself, its not possible lol

Im a mod on a car forum, and we can't do it, a clever mate that ran a local 'krooze' site years ago however, managed to write his own program to allow us to do it, (i was an admin alongside him) everyone wondered how me and him knew who was sleeping with who/cheating on who, before their partners found out haha!

Charlieboy28":hbtqejl9 said:
You mean people on this site are sleeping with each other, cor lummy blimey :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You and LGF need not worry, your secret is safe with me. :LOL:

Lmao, you know about that too, guess you do have the seekrit skills to snoop in peoples messages :LOL:

Spudly":d353sg97 said:
Cos unless youve written the software to do it yourself, its not possible lol

Im a mod on a car forum, and we can't do it, a clever mate that ran a local 'krooze' site years ago however, managed to write his own program to allow us to do it, (i was an admin alongside him) everyone wondered how me and him knew who was sleeping with who/cheating on who, before their partners found out haha!
What's not possible ?
I'm sure our old UBB and the VBB software (hey i've been doing it for a long time) could allow is to read PM's if we set it up to do so, of course we didn't but they're just stored in a database. They don't have to be stored encrypted.

Also the old software we used last (VBB3 at the time) used to allow soft deletes, this was excellent as the mods, supermods, admins and co-hosts could delete and the admins and supermods could all read the soft deletes where they where posted and alter if needed or bin it, but members couldn't (not sure if original owner could the way we had it set up, but here that would be useful so it could be amended and undeleted.). That way everything is transparent.
The owner/admins should be ale to see all deleted posts even if hard deleted, not just soft deleted as it should be logged in the mods logs.

But you have to realise
- phpBB is not the most sophisticated software being free. It tends to cost money to get better forum software with more functions.
-Moderator do it for the love of Retrobikes.

Yeah its funny how if a noob posts how much is my "Apollo Shit Mountain" worth they get nothing but snide remarks and abuse...but change that to how much is my Ti dream machine worth and the tone of the responses changes to I'll have it, and PM incoming! ;)

Back