Moots YBB 1995? Full color pics on page three

Re:

Finally got the Moots on the trail after a long delay at the bike shop with the slider installation. I am a "regular" and they give me discounts but most often my repairs get bumped to the back of the line when things get busy. And its not as though I don't have any other bikes…

But back to the Moots. I rode it on Thursday and it was a bit rough, the temp was easily 100f and the bike still needed to be dialed in as far as fit: the saddle was in the wrong position for one. I did very much like the reach thanks to a new stem from Jason^^^ Also I had not ridden in a week so I was a bit out of shape.

Took it out again on Friday for a more serious test, 1700 feet of climbing with two really nice technical single track down hill sections and one steep as F*** double track downhill.

The Moots did very nice going uphill and the softtail helped to keep the rear wheel on the ground even when standing on the pedals. Also the TerraLogic Fox fork had no bob on the climb and performed nicely on the rough stuff too.

Naturally it was a much smoother ride than I am accustomed too because I ride rigid hardtails exclusively. That said it will take a bit of getting used to how it handles and the Avid Arch Rival V-brake in the rear could have performed better. Still I think it will work out well.

Attachments

• Moots YBB 1995 Marshall test 2.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 Marshall test 2.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Moots YBB 1995 Marshall test 1.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 Marshall test 1.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 160
Back