Moots YBB 1995? Full color pics on page three

Re: Moots YBB 1995?

A few of the parts that will be going on the Moots. Race Face cranks, Chris King headset Ritchey Nitanium post, XTR cantis and XT mechs. Interesting side note: the cranks, headset, and rear mech came off of a bike I pulled from a dumpster.

Attachments

• xt 3x9 pods.jpg
    xt 3x9 pods.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 536
  • xt front.jpg
    xt front.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 536
  • xtr v brakes.jpg
    xtr v brakes.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 536
  • xt rear mech.jpg
    xt rear mech.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 536
  • Ritchey post.jpg
    Ritchey post.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 536
  • Race Face cranks.jpg
    Race Face cranks.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 536
  • king headset.jpg
    king headset.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 536

Flaming eck some body must have more money than sense to be throwing quality parts like that away but at least get to benefit from their stupidity and i wish i were as lucky as you but any way lets see these lovely parts fitted on that amazing frame ;) ..

Re:

That is rather nice. Always thought soft tails were a cut above most full sus bikes. No pivots or bearings to wear out or need servicing. The frame I most regret selling was a Trek STP. Whatever you do, don't sell it because you think someone else might make better use of it!

Regards

Marge

Re:

This is the parts donor bike, GT RTS that was cracked in three places, Which explains why it was dumped.

Attachments

• GT RTS.jpg
    GT RTS.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 516

Yes the rear triangle was cracked, I do have a steel one but I am in the States so I think shipping would be a bit much.

Re:

Really liked the YBBs I've had, the 17" (iirc) was the best handling bike I've ridden; lovely.

Links in sig if you fancy a look ;)

Looking forward to seeing yours progress :cool:

Cheers

Well I did in fact unpack the frame which I must say was adequately packed but looked like it had been done by a five-year-old who had ten cups of coffee. Alas the frame is fine so no complaint.

Installed the head set and the fork only to find that the steerer tube is too short so I need to find a new fork. Fortunately there are two on Ebay that will work and both are here in the Golden State.

I knew I had a nice set of older XTs laced to Ritchey hoops but come to find out they are Uniglide so will not work with the 9 speed cassette I bought NOS from my local bike shop (Thanks Coates Cyclery Pomona CA) I was able to cobble together another wheelset which has newer XT hubs however the rims do not match so I will eventually have to re lace the rear.

Interesting side note that I am sure many of you can relate to the front wheel appears to be NOS but I have no clue where it came from or how I got it.

Okay a couple of teaser shots until I can take some better ones

Attachments

• Moots YBB 1995 4 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 4 web.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 412
  • Moots YBB 1995 2 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 2 web.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 412
  • Moots YBB 1995 1 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 1 web.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 412
Back