Moots YBB 1995? Full color pics on page three

Re: Moots YBB 1995?

Ooh!! glad to see it arrived okay and yes some people have little idea about packing bikes ..

Well I had a bit of a struggle finding the right fork WITH enough steerer tube for the Moots but now have sorted that. More build specs in the next day or so but I mocked it up with a couple of parts. Fork is a Fox F80x looks real nice and appears to be unused…

Other parts just for show (but may end up on final build): Ritchey Nitanium post, WTB saddle, Answer stem Ritchey force lit bar...

Attachments

• Moots YBB 1995 11 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 11 web.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 612
  • Moots YBB 1995 10 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 10 web.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 608
  • Moots YBB 1995 9 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 9 web.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 608
  • Moots YBB 1995 7 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 7 web.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 608
  • Moots YBB 1995 6 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 6 web.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 609
  • Moots YBB 1995 5 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 5 web.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 610

Oh my ! that looks real lush with those forks and parts on as they just seem to come across as if they were meant to be on that lovely frame so i'd be reluctant to take them off tbh but we'll see whats what when you've pondered over your options for a while and yes the Fox forks look to be in amazing condition so a big well done on finding them :cool: ..

Yeah it looks nice, Thanks!

I have some nice XT hubs with non matching rims and the rear is a bit tired to be honest. Most likely will just build it up so I can start riding and then look for a new wheelset. I think I will spend today putting it together so we will see…

I couldn't agree more on just building the Moot up with the wheels you have at the moment as like you say at least it will be usable for the time being untill you can sort it out with some nice matching rims and besides you'll be able to fettle your seating position until it's better suited to you so i'm certainly looking forward to see it being trail worthy as i should imagine it will be a hoot to ride and comfy to boot ;) ..

Well here it is the final product (for Now)

Like I said in my first post nothing too spectacular in the build mainly I culled together parts I already owned: XT mechs, hubs and shifters; Race Face Ride cranks; ATAC stem; Ritchey post and pedals; Avid arch Rival rear brakes and XTR front; WTB saddle.

Attached are a few pics before I got it all dirty.

Attachments

• Moots YBB 1995 final 8 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 final 8 web.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 527
  • Moots YBB 1995 final 6 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 final 6 web.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 525
  • Moots YBB 1995 final 4 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 final 4 web.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 525
  • Moots YBB 1995 final 2 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 final 2 web.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 527
  • Moots YBB 1995 final 1 web.jpg
    Moots YBB 1995 final 1 web.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 527

Coool! and i think i could quite easily enjoy riding your bike for miles and miles ;) so where are the dirty pics and how well did the tail perform out on the trail as a soft tail isn't something i've ridden before and i can only imagine it giving slight cushioning compared to a rear shock but unlike a rear shock this looks soo much nicer :cool: ..

The first ride was not without issues.

First the fork, which looked NOS, was really stiff at first but became more supple as the ride progressed? Is this just how the Terralogic mechanism works? Anyway one of the techs at the local bike shop suggested this might be the case. As to the soft tail the shock needs a rebuild and squeaked like crazy the whole time. The good news is that Moots sells the rebuilt unit for $60.

Overall the ride quality was quite nice, the bike goes where you point it and it climbed well even if, at 25 pounds, it is a bit heavier that the rigid hardtail I am used to. Also the stem is far tooo long and will need to be swapped out.

Picture is from Marshall Canyon near my home here in SoCal.

Attachments

• 1995 Moots YBB trail pics 2 web.jpg
    1995 Moots YBB trail pics 2 web.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 517
  • 1995 Moots YBB trail pics 3 web.jpg
    1995 Moots YBB trail pics 3 web.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 517

Love the scenery and that tree wow! it's big ..
I've no idea regards the forks as i've never owned or know any one that has sorry but if their NOS then they could be stiff due to being left unused since they were made and therefore need to free up with use ..

Squeaky rear sounds painful :facepalm: sorry i couldn't resist that but seriously it's probably dry seals in the rear shock causing the sound so it maybe cheaper to refurbish it although buying new would be less hassle and 25lb in weight i do believe is around 4lb lighter than my old rigid MuddyFox i had bitd and i thought that was light ,,

I agree about that stem being rather long but even if you had one the same length with a 15 degree rise it wouldn't feel so over stretched but if your anything like me then you'll prefer the straight stem but any how you seem to have had a great ride all the same and your lovely Moot's handling seems a real dream to ride and am i jealous ? you bet !! so keep us posted on the out come of the rear shock as i'm curious to the difference between the two as i suspect the original will be a little compressed compared to a new one ..

Muddy paw":3fy7gj0a said:
Squeaky rear sounds painful

Something like a Benny Hill skit, queue the fart themed jokes.

New stem on it way maybe even arrive today. And yes the "rear end" malfunctions beyond just the noise so replacement is the only option.

Back