Mk1 Santa Cruz Chameleon

Where did you get the discount from?? After one for mine.
I got that one from Plant X for a couple of quid. Unfortunately they don't seem to sell them anymore, probably because it was for a specific frame that also no longer sell. It will probably be a case of trawling ebay to find something similar

Frame has arrived! Love the lines/angles. Paint is kinda bad. Decals even worse. Waiting to see if Gil can do the decals specific to this version and thinking of a powder coat. I like idea of sticking to black.
View attachment 666637
Was Gil able to reproduce the decals? Kinda put me off getting another mk1 (had 4 I think now!) as finding period correct decals was a pain... bit like you, I'd love another for mucking about in the woods on etc.

I got that one from Plant X for a couple of quid. Unfortunately they don't seem to sell them anymore, probably because it was for a specific frame that also no longer sell. It will probably be a case of trawling ebay to find something similar
I've been looking for one too, for my son's Mk1. Sadly can't find anything so far.

I do run a 1x9 setup though, just using old LX cranks with 2 rings removed and some spacers added. Took some time to get the chain length right

Was Gil able to reproduce the decals? Kinda put me off getting another mk1 (had 4 I think now!) as finding period correct decals was a pain... bit like you, I'd love another for mucking about in the woods on etc.

Gil doesn’t have the mk1 decals. Seems recreating them could be not so easy. Would he interested in getting a few together to chips in for the creation fee if anyone is up for it? I’m going to submit pics of the decals of two frames in different states

Latest posts

Back