Mikes' Cougar : Finished, and first ride

Re: Re:

LDP":21ctyekd said:
The plain black look Keo Max. Work well and don't stick out like a dogs dinner on something retro.

As an aside, my Concorde has a similar carbon weave effect paint. Super :cool:

Cheers Dan, I'll look those up ;)
Was wondering about Shimano SPD SL. I have some 105s, but want something better really with Dura Ace and Ultegra on the rest of the bike

Any photos of your Concorde?

Btw, I'm 6'3, and with an inside leg of 32 I think. Or 34 :roll: :oops: :facepalm: Maybe

Re:

Sorry for the crap 'library' pic that I took just after the build (and if they are upside down - damn iPhone!) but you get the idea. Also have the look Keo Max I mentioned.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,067
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,067
Re:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Thanks for the photos, and the neck ache! Nice looking bike

Yes, I like the look of those pedals, don't look like they've been under a steam roller, unlike the Ultegra SPD SL ones I had in mind. May give them a go buddy

Re:

Managed to get the bike nearly finished this weekend! Yippee! :cool:

Put the NOS bottom bracket in, the nds cup was really tight though, and the tool was slipping a bit. Thought of a novel way to hold it in,

A front quick release skewer and a big washer! Nice and secure now. So, bracket secured and chainset put on.

Got the chain on, and cabled up the gears and brakes.

Also tried out the tyres. Not sure if I prefer these Corsa CX in 23mm

Or the more yellow Corsa KX 20mm ones

I can't imagine why, but all these tyres are directional. There's so little tread, would it make a difference if one was on back to front?

Put the 105 pedals on so I could adjust the gears and cables, although I'm undecided whether I'll keep them on or get something nicer.
Got my eye on some Looks, but can't decide if black or white would look :facepalm: better.

So, just the cables to tidy up, gears and brakes to adjust, bar tape to put on, sti lever caps to go on and maybe pedals to swap, sound! :cool:

Mike

Re: Cougar : Penultimate stage , Crankson - Cable d'Up

Looking really really good!! Frame looks totally un-ridden?

Those BB's can be a bit of a swine, not the hardest of metals and easy to damage the notches.

FINNEY1973":1qkgn2k9 said:
Looking really really good!! Frame looks totally un-ridden?

Those BB's can be a bit of a swine, not the hardest of metals and easy to damage the notches.

The aluminium cups seem surprisingly soft for a top of range bb!

All ok now though.

Yes I don't think it has been ridden, no cable rub on r/h chainstay or l/h top tube where the brake cable exits.

NeilM":1qkgn2k9 said:
Ohhh my, that's just wonderful.

Thanks Neil, I'm pleased :cool:

White pedals ordered, is that so wrong?

Mike

Looking very nice, just keeps getting better and better :)

Jamie

Re:

Hi folks,

Managed to get the final build done this week, but being in the loft/dark, I didn't take photos.
The bar tape is an excellent match :cool:

And new Sti lever caps are now on, without that horrid Flightdeck logo on them! :roll:

Dura Ace cables were a good choice I think, nice dark grey.

Decided to stick with the EVO KX tyres,

The Look pedals are a new one on me, but I'll look forward to trying them out on tomorrow mornings' ride

Went up the road just to check gears, shoe plate positioning and brakes. Reminded me to adjust the headset! :roll:

Ready to roll now! :cool:

Hope you like it !

Mike

Back