Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Hello you lovely people, I’m looking for tyre recommendations for my 1984 Canyon.
Tan/skin/amber/white walled.
Something suitable to road/gravel path/light off road.

Definitely proper period (mid 80’s) correct that I could keep an eye out for.

Cheers, :)

Like maybe a pair of 1:9 Ritchey Quads, were they around then?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
legrandefromage":3g6yrfq5 said:
there was bugger and all around at the time and the likelihood of anything being usable in their 4th decade

just for riding to the shops for sweets and comics?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Duro-26 ... 5cJbTlqmdQ

Yeah that’s the sort of thing....cheers.
Obviously stuff from back in the day is very unlikely to have survived, I guess I was hoping for a repro Gatorbelly BMX style (which do exist in 26” but in silly colours)

fearfactoryüberalles":3g6yrfq5 said:
I'd give these a go:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COPPIA-COPERTO ... 2749.l2649

or the same guy offers even more obsolote tires among his offerings.

These are nice, but a bit too off-road for this build, might have a butchers at the rest of his stuff though.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I use beach cruiser tires, specifically this thread pattern (reminds me of being a kid)

Attachments

• 8E5E81A6-BE2A-483A-8B7C-4269761FC248.jpeg
    8E5E81A6-BE2A-483A-8B7C-4269761FC248.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 338
Like the white walls

Back