26" Tan/Amber Wall Tires?

Unfortunately shipping to UK kills it but US guys your time is now!!!

Ever since finding a set of Vittoria Spinx in 2.0 width a few weeks ago I've been on the hunt for something similar, they're like hens teeth so far. I may end up getting another set of Smoke/Darts, it's great at least one manufacturer has not abandoned us, so far I'm not that keen on many modern offerings, too tall tan wall or crazy expensive or both. I feel fortunate to have found the Vittorias, good timing, about $45 each CAD after taxes/shipping and just under or just over 600g, best of all they look fantastic.

Wanting to keep my old MegaBites in rotation I decided to try another refurb idea @Dr Dremel, your plasti dip idea looks like it may do the trick but wanted to try a different approach.

The side walls are fully in tact. Just the outer coating is less there. Yesterday I rubbed in and coated the side walls with Dubbin :eek:

I know it's meant for leather or even pleather but it's intended use it to moisten and protect so, why not try?

The dry side walls seemed to absorb the Dubbin, it's kind of an orange tint so that's a good thing. Darkens them a bit but not in a bad way. I'll assume I can keep applying it taking care to maintain a dry rim breaking surface.

I'm thinking it may be a viable option, we'll see after a few rides, the black rubber received a healthy rub of ArmourAll as well
View attachment 679354
Further to the idea of dried out sidewall refurbishment. I picked up a nice set of green Wildgrippers today, front sidewalls are mint, rear sidwalls were very dried out, sorry, didn't take a before photo but trust me, they were pretty dry, not as bad as the Mega bites above though.

I did my best to clean up the green rubber and not having any dubbin to moisten the dried up side walls, decided to try proofide instead (Brooks saddle cream for those unfamiliar). I think it worked like a charm, time will tell I guess.

Pictures of the bike they went on and close ups:

20240107_205355385_iOS.jpg
20240107_211727712_iOS.jpg
20240107_211735172_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Back