Merlin Rebuild

It's a 1990 Merlin frame you got : the specific BB and the end of the brake cable say the year. ;)
I prefer the wheelset with M732 hubs. The good year, and the good spirit. The Edco are good and beautifull wheels, but the black spokes are too modern.

If you want ideas for your Merlin, go there ;) :cool: :cool: :cool:

small check with skinwall tires, cook bros cranks and XT wheels.

I think i like the blackwall tires more :roll:

Still waiting for my Syncros Bar to arrive...

DSC_0003_1229848274.jpg

Very nice, cool build too. Makes me want to try a rigid steel fork on y Ti hardtail.

Xt wheels look better to me, got to be silver spokes. And thoyugh black wall is fine I like the red-wall IRC's too. I know it has been done on modern Dales but it would look nice if you echo the red-wall in a Brown Brooks (Swallow?) saddle and some matching leather grips. Different too, but you'd have to get on with a Brooks if it is a rider.

As for risers, I much prefer them for riding and to me there's nothing wrong with them visually, but I realise that's not mainstrem on RB. Your pics make me wonder if you have the two bolt front clamp? I have some and it is quite wide, I thought it would not work with a riser.

Enjoy!!

hi,

i finished my Merlin a while ago, but i didn´t have time to make some decent pics. i went out for a great ride today and finally made some photos.

i kept the riser bar since i have some neck pain...enjoy.

does anyone have a scource for merlin repro decals ?

marc

merlin2.jpg

merlin1_1242563023.jpg

merlin3.jpg

Merlin4.jpg

merlin7.jpg

merlin8.jpg

Back