Mayhem 2020 cancelled due to apocalypse

Re: Mountain mayhem 2020

My_Teenage_Self":3jmqnevi said:
nobby the sheep":3jmqnevi said:
Anyone started training yet ?

Yep!

gettin me a turbo trainer for the winter too!!!

Next you will be saying your going to race :shock: :LOL:

mk one":27uon193 said:
My_Teenage_Self":27uon193 said:
nobby the sheep":27uon193 said:
Anyone started training yet ?

Yep!

gettin me a turbo trainer for the winter too!!!

Next you will be saying your going to race :shock: :LOL:

Hell no.

Just tired for being knackered every time I get on the bike.

I do a lot of walking/hiking; I climbed Pikes Peak last week :), so my fitness isn't awful, but my cycling muscles aren't what they should be.

Busy August on farm meant hardly saw my bike that and glitch in my mental health ( things are getting better) .jnr on the other hand has been getting the miles in ,we have Dunn fell at the back of our cottage which has one of the longest and hardest road climbs in the country,so jnrs been using it to build his leg strength up .still fair busy on farm but things have eased of slightly so going to try and get some miles in of a night after work

Re:

nobby the sheep":1m7z9a0w said:
....we have Dunn fell at the back of our cottage which has one of the longest and hardest road climbs in the country,so jnrs been using it to build his leg strength up .still fair busy on farm but things have eased of slightly so going to try and get some miles in of a night after work

I think I left / lost my legs going up Great Dun Fell so when you go back have a look for them

Attachments

• 936D078C-1997-4129-A1EA-9CCDDF455194.jpeg
    936D078C-1997-4129-A1EA-9CCDDF455194.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 437

Wish someone had given me a shout I’d have put kettle on as the start of the climb is only the next village along from ours

nobby the sheep":1tk6bmfs said:
Wish someone had given me a shout I’d have put kettle on as the start of the climb is only the next village along from ours

Here’s the route video, I guess being a local you’ll have a far better idea than me on where we actually went ..... after the climb I was in pain for the rest of the way round and a passenger

Well worth a look, sadly the road up Great Dun Fell was so darn twisty and narrow the ride down whilst fun was not the 200mph job I was hoping for, in fact it was so twist one of the gang (Ken ??) boiled his front brake fluid when the rotor went all rainbow coloured on him and started to glow :LOL:

https://www.relive.cc/view/1511155022

Key thing is not to touch your brakes apart from the approach to the cattle grid by the sheep pens to scrub off a little speed ,even more fun when it’s iced up

Back