Marin

FluffyChicken":3cxnfg5n said:
i believe in fixies":3cxnfg5n said:
Nice buy!

It looks like the bloke you bought it on has put the front pads on arse backwards.

That's what I always thought probably as I put them on the other way around for better breaking..... though harder to get the wheel out.

But it's actually correct and defied the logic of the long canti pads...
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 806#398806
--

Good question, why is it scrap ?
If it is not too bad for general use I may be interested ?

There is a large hole in the seat stay on the non-driveside, I should have checked but I didn't :(

Can it not be sleeved and welded? Be a shame to scrap the frame, i could also find a home for that.

Easy_Rider":zrrj4r3f said:
Can it not be sleeved and welded? Be a shame to scrap the frame, i could also find a home for that.

I don't know whether it can be fixed, my talents are limited to cleaning and polishing :LOL: If it can be fixed I wouldn't know who to approach.

Picture below shows the hole, the frame does have surface corrosion but everything seems solid, I wasn't bothered about the surface corrosion because I was going to use it as a commuter and it would have made it less attractive to thieves.

I was going to take it to the tip but if anyone thinks they can make use of it they are welcome to have it - the only condition is they have to pick it up (I am in Stockport)

If someone does want it and are prepared to pick it up can they PM me ?

Attachments

• Hole.jpg
    Hole.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,170
WD Pro":3eibdhas said:
If you are breaking it are the forks 1" ?

No, the forks are 1 1/8.

I am going to break it.

The frame has gone.

I've had a couple of pm's about breaking it and I'm awaiting a reply from someone who is interested in the forks.

Back