Marin Team Titanium 1990! Fixable?

Someone fancied it. Looks like it's sold.

Edit - Looks like it's relisted although the original listing did come up as sold in my eBay app.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Contact Vernon Barker cycles. Get an opinion on how/if it can be repaired.

Honestly don’t do that.

Vernon has retired a while ago and his Ti welding was truly awful in appearance.

The new owners I don’t believe weld.

Enigma is your only option in the UK for it done correctly. I looked into it on a cracked Ti Rock lobster frame I had. Wasn’t worth it in the end.

Honestly don’t do that.

Vernon has retired a while ago and his Ti welding was truly awful in appearance.

The new owners I don’t believe weld.

Enigma is your only option in the UK for it done correctly. I looked into it on a cracked Ti Rock lobster frame I had. Wasn’t worth it in the end.
As mentioned above, @staffy´s Prometheus rescue was very impressively done by Coal Bicycles:

Some guy on cyclechat forum had a cracked Moots mtb frame (seat tube above BB) and Enigma were charging £275 for the repair.

I reckon it’s doable, half the work of the Prometheus. Assuming the top tube is 1-1/4 then a repair piece / seat tube insert from Paragon Machine works will do the job or just replace the whole top tube.

I am tempted but it’s too big for me ☹️

Back